PDA

View Full Version : Im willing to eat crow

Kstat
03-16-2005, 03:49 PM
Well, once again, its good buisness sense.

Just like the JO/IT thing. Its a smart buisness ploy.

Doug
03-16-2005, 04:12 PM
Not sure how much JO being out for this season will affect sales for next season. A little, maybe.

I'm hoping for a general decrease in renewals because Reggie's retiring and prices are going up and we had a sucky year as it will help me move down in my section. :-) Last year I didn't get to move down at all.

TheSauceMaster
03-16-2005, 04:51 PM
I wonder how current season ticket holders feel about this season and did that affect if they got them for next season ? It does seem alittle strange they waited and I wonder why J.O. being out this season would have affected anyone's decision for next year. Unless people were looking at the playoff's ?

Los Angeles
03-16-2005, 05:02 PM
I wonder how current season ticket holders feel about this season and did that affect if they got them for next season ? It does seem alittle strange they waited and I wonder why J.O. being out this season would have affected anyone's decision for next year. Unless people were looking at the playoff's ?
Pleanty of season ticket holders on here have declared that they are not getting tickets for next season. Grace comes to mind first, but I remember others.

Fact is, few people want to pay a lot of money just to feel like crap. Announcing bad news before a financial deadline is just shooting yourself in the foot. It's both smart, and as far as I'm concerned, cowardly.

Unclebuck
03-16-2005, 05:22 PM
There is one problem with the theory, Pacers have not announced anything yet.

Peck
03-16-2005, 05:58 PM
Pleanty of season ticket holders on here have declared that they are not getting tickets for next season. Grace comes to mind first, but I remember others.

Fact is, few people want to pay a lot of money just to feel like crap. Announcing bad news before a financial deadline is just shooting yourself in the foot. It's both smart, and as far as I'm concerned, cowardly.

Actually only two people have said that they were not renewing for next season, the rest of us have already commited.

This season had no baring on whether or not I chose to get tix. next year. However I sent in my money faster than I normally would have because of Dale signing.

ChicagoJ
03-16-2005, 06:29 PM
I've committed.

But this deadline was a joint playoffs/ next season deadline, so it had to do more with getting us suckers errrr diehard fans to pony up for playoff tickets that might never be used.

But I'm about to withdraw my request for team tickets for the game in The UC coming up in a couple of weeks.

I'm just praying Reggie doesn't get hurt tonight so I can see him one last time on Friday. :pray:

indygeezer
03-16-2005, 07:17 PM
Here's my serving of Crow.....with BBQ sauce please.

Right now, I gotta think I'm pretty glad we didn't get rid of that 1st round draft pick that we have this year......and I'm real curious to see who LB has spotted for the draft (kinda like last draft and his little ploy to move up).

Hoop
03-16-2005, 08:01 PM
For years I've renewed early and not once, til now, did it actually save me money by doing so. This time, my tickets will not increase in price next season cause I reupped early. Finally, I get something, instead of the usual season ending kick in the nuts. :laugh:

JO, Ron's or Reggie's availability has no effect on my ticket purchases, I'm there to root for the PACERS.

Los Angeles
03-16-2005, 08:04 PM
Actually only two people have said that they were not renewing for next season, the rest of us have already commited.

This season had no baring on whether or not I chose to get tix. next year. However I sent in my money faster than I normally would have because of Dale signing.
I respectfully stand corrected.

Glad your boy's back, and hope to see him in the new P-uni next year.

tseramid
03-16-2005, 10:44 PM
I still have not figured out the connection with JO being out for the year and renewing/not renewing your tickets for next season. I could see for the sake of the rest of this season's tickets, but not next season...unless they are covering up a career threatening injury?

Suaveness
03-16-2005, 10:46 PM
I've committed.

But this deadline was a joint playoffs/ next season deadline, so it had to do more with getting us suckers errrr diehard fans to pony up for playoff tickets that might never be used.

But I'm about to withdraw my request for team tickets for the game in The UC coming up in a couple of weeks.

I'm just praying Reggie doesn't get hurt tonight so I can see him one last time on Friday. :pray:

I'll be at that game too :devil: And taht will be my last time to see Reggie as well

grace
03-17-2005, 06:30 PM
I still have not figured out the connection with JO being out for the year and renewing/not renewing your tickets for next season. I could see for the sake of the rest of this season's tickets, but not next season...unless they are covering up a career threatening injury?

Somebody else might have already brought this up, but its an issue about renewing next years tickets now with the playoff tickets. Prices are going up next year so in order to keep the tickets you have now at the same price for next year you had to reup and make the first payment by the 15th. I think the money for the playoff tickets had to be in by the 15th. And now that the 15th has come and gone its more or less official that Jermaine won't be back this year.