PDA

View Full Version : Oh Scott...... this is for you dude.

Jose Slaughter
03-16-2005, 11:37 AM
http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/552564.html

Basketball / Baston holding out for NBA contract

By Yoav Borowitz

Maccabi Tel Aviv forward Maceo Baston has agreed to terms with the club for a two-year contract extension, but is delaying signing the deal until he has exhausted all options of returning to the NBA.

"Maccabi's financial offer is satisfactory, but together with my agent, I have decided to delay signing a contract because several teams from the United States have expressed an interest in me," Baston said.

"I have had a taste of the NBA, but it was short, and it wasn't enough," said the 29-year-old who played 16 games for the Toronto Raptors in the 2002-3 season. "I believe I am good enough to get an NBA contract, and that remains my prefered option."

Baston said that the Los Angeles Clippers, Portland Trail Blazers and other West Coast teams have expressed an interest in him, but added that he would sign only a multiyear contract rather than try his luck through pre-season camps.

"I have friends who are more or less at the same level as me, playing successfully in the NBA, so I believe I have something to contribute there," Baston said. "In any event, if the NBA doesn't work out, I will be happy to continue playing for Maccabi Tel Aviv."

sweabs
03-16-2005, 11:41 AM
:laugh: - I remember Maceo!

.................. :lol2:

LouisvilleLip
03-16-2005, 11:51 AM
Yup, I remember him as well. He wasn't that bad actually.

sweabs
03-16-2005, 11:58 AM
I remember him being pretty bad. He had a lot of athleticism, but no jump shot or handles to speak of. He also had no clue of what was going on - his court awareness sucked if I can remember.

Actually, come to think of it he kinda reminds me of Marcus Haislip.........that's not a good thing.

And let's remember...the RAPTORS cut him...............the RAPTORS.

Stryder
03-16-2005, 12:07 PM
I remember him fondly from his days at UMich...

Skaut_Ech
03-16-2005, 10:57 PM
Don't be dissing Maceo. He is a force. He is an explosion of talent waiting to happen to the NBA. He is....he...is.....

Oh shut up, Jose!! :security: :smirk:

Maceo in a Pacers uniform...wha?? It could happen! :yikes:

DisplacedKnick
03-17-2005, 07:49 AM
Of course we could be talking about Zendon Hamilton instead ... :D

Skaut_Ech
03-17-2005, 03:23 PM
heh-heh :-p