PDA

View Full Version : Bender rants

able
03-16-2005, 10:41 AM
Since most threads nowadays seem to evolve into Bender bashing or something like that, I suggest this is the thread that ends all threads to do this;

Bender is paid 6.5 mio this season, projected salary for the next two years (see the link in the under "links")
He has played only 7 games this year, lost his hops, will never pan out and management refuses to cut him.

He can still be a superstar, if only he could be fit for a few months during the season.

In all honesty?

I don't care one way or the other, he is ours to have and to keep for the time being, if he pans out, great, if he doesn't; to bad, they took a gamble, ride the horse and we'll see whether the horse will ever make a move or not.

have fun.

A-Train
03-16-2005, 05:58 PM
:mib:

Eindar
03-17-2005, 02:26 AM
Next year, Bender wil revolutionize the PG position :)

clownskull
03-17-2005, 03:20 AM
i don't know if i'd say for sure that he's lost his hops. i would lean more to the side that he hasn't. he was never healthy this season and because of that, i think it limited his ability. add in the fact that because of this he was never even remotely close to being in game shape. yeh he is ours and i don't think management could cut him if they wanted to. i think he'd still get paid every dime of his contract. ( i don't like that.) if i were in charge, i'd talk to him and see if he would consider retiring if he wasn't able and ready to go by the start of next season. that way, i believe there are insurance policies that would absorb most of his remaining contract and then we could be rid of him for far cheaper. i think that what is going on in the mashburn case. he isn't expected to play again and i believe an insurance policy will eat up like 80% of the remaining contract. that would be the best way available as far as i know.

Evan_The_Dude
03-17-2005, 03:33 PM
So that means in 7 games this season, he got paid $928,571.42 per game. :(

ABADays
03-17-2005, 03:38 PM
I don't bash him anymore. I just don't talk about him.