PDA

View Full Version : Summarize the last 14 days

Anthem
03-15-2005, 09:50 AM
Somebody bring me up to speed. What did I miss?

Fool
03-15-2005, 09:58 AM
The Pistons streak of 13 and 2 ended.
Larry Brown is out again with another hip surgery.

Oh, you probably wanted Pacer info...

Well, J.O. is injured and may be out for the season.
I'll let the others fill in the rest.

Diamond Dave
03-15-2005, 10:00 AM
Bender is out.

ChicagoJ
03-15-2005, 10:03 AM
Nothing. :devil:

Seriously, welcome back.

Its not official yet, but JO had a pretty serious shoulder injury on the day Dale re-signed, and we think we're going to find out in the next couple of days that he'll need surgery/ be out for the rest of the season.

Tinsley officially now has a torn ligament in his foot, nobody knows when he'll return.

All talk of a Ron Artest reinstatement has subsided.

Dale has suprised us - he's got more left in the tank than we thought, based on his limited production for the Warriors. He sparked us to a couple victories on the WC trip.

SJax has been hot-and-cold, and he (at least temporarily) lost his starting spot because he slept through a shoot-around.

And there's been more "forum politics" than usual, but its always the same outcome for those guys that just can't figure out how to equate thier enthusiasm to civility.

I've raised my level of crabbiness to new extremes, so I'm trying not to editorialize on any of this summary. However, I'm been promising a thread entitled, "Why this team is built for the regular season" but every time I start to write it I get even more bitter than what I've displayed on here, so it may have to go in the new forum called the "Shout Box" :blush:

MagicRat
03-15-2005, 10:27 AM
I've raised my level of crabbiness to new extremes.....

While you were gone, Jay@Pottersville officially turned into a warped, frustrated old man.........:-p

http://images.usatoday.com/money/_photos/2004/09/15/ceo-villains-potter-wonderf.jpg

Diamond Dave
03-15-2005, 10:27 AM
Somebody bring me up to speed. What did I miss?

Oh sorry, I thought you said last 14 months.

Anyways, Dale Davis has returned better than anyone anticipated. At this point the I believe the majority feels Dale has not lost a step. He has clearly taken team toughness and interior defense to a level the Pacers have not been at since he left. His offense is still wretched, but each one of our other big men are the same.

The return of Dale has produced the benching of the Hulk. Unfair for sure, but lately Harrison has not made a case for himself by setting new records for the most amount of fouls in the least amount of time. He looks to be regressing.

Kobe Bryant is a punk.

Lebron James proved that there should not be an age limit.

The Pacers are giving us the run around about Jamaal and Jermaine's injuries. Some, like UB, are theorizing that the Pacers know that Jermaine is out for the season and playoffs and the Pacers are not announcing this until all the season ticket packages must be bought. Of course we do not have a fair and investigative media around here so we're waiting for an injury update to come out of Orlando or somewhere else.

Reggie is showing that he obviously has been deferring to Jermaine too much in the past few years. He is averaging over 20 a game now consistently. Several are hoping that the return of Dale has reenergized him and will convince him to give it one more shot next year.

Rick Carlisle may not be the coach next year.

We are running at about .500, fortunately other teams are keeping pace with our losing.

Austin Croshere is making himself less useful now that Dale has arrived. Why may you ask? Well Austin's offense is buried under the titanic and even from that position he could not hit water if he shot a ball at it. Plus Dale has shown everyone what real post defense looks like and Austin, nor Jeff have it.

Although Jeff has managed to improve his rebounding since Dale has arrived. The make for a formidable duo as each plays a different "tough" style.

SJax has been relegated to the bench for missing a shoot-around, however he still plays the majority of minutes. However I have become increasingly distressed with his 1 on 5 offensive play. Just like Jalen without the "I'm a point guard mentality"

Fred Jones has been replaced with his dunking heir apparent Anthony Johnson. Actually Fred had begun to slip, probably due to flu, in his offensive play. He is not driving as much as he should, too many 3's. AJ on the other hand has begun to play at higher speed, thank god. His floor vision has improved greatly and is now consistently getting around 8 assists a night.

Bender :unimpress

Edwards :unimpress

Against Cleveland, James Jones started to look less afraid of shooting. For a while he was just passing up everything.

All and all, with the recent injuries and the anecdotal evidence that suggest each are season enders it appears the Pacers are headed towards lottery-ville, or Piston/Heat spanktown.

_PD_
03-15-2005, 02:23 PM
The "when will Ron be reinstated?" discussions have morphed into "will Reggie not retire?" threads.
Reggie, reggie, reggie, reggie, yakyakyakyak, yaddayaddayadda.
I'm so very tired of reggie. I'm waiting for him to have his injury, so we can move on to someone else, of course only after we dissect whether he'll be out for 3 days, 3 weeks, or forever, etc.

WOW, talk about being crabby! :mad:

MSA2CF
03-15-2005, 06:00 PM
Reggie broke his own club record of consecutive free throws made...I believe it now stands at 61 straight.

Shade
03-15-2005, 06:02 PM
:( :cry: :puke: :suicide: :goodnight

That pretty much says it all.

fwpacerfan
03-15-2005, 06:55 PM
The Pacers have a .500 record same as 2 weeks ago. They are clinging to the last playoff spot, same as 2 weeks ago. O'Neal is absent, same as 2 weeks ago. SJax is hot one game and cold the next, same as 2 weeks ago. The team hasn't figured out that defense and ball movement win games, same as 2 weeks ago.

So, in summary, nothing has changed. I will go as far as to say that 2 weeks from now we will be saying the same things.

ImReppinBtown
03-15-2005, 08:15 PM
Yeah the Pacers have been playing the on/and off basketball as usual. We're hot for a game or two. Then boom, playin like ***** and dropping two in a row. And the rumors I hear about JO's injury aren't good. I've heard he could be back soon, I've heard he's out the rest of the season. But hey there are 20 games left. Maybe we can go...13-7? That is what I am guessing, finishing the season 44-38. But hey I am just hoping for the best.

3ptmiller
03-15-2005, 09:54 PM
Whatelse, hmm... oh yeah!! The Pacers are trying to brake the record on most injurys in a row! :)

grace
03-16-2005, 09:52 AM
I'm waiting for him to have his injury, so we can move on to someone else, of course only after we dissect whether he'll be out for 3 days, 3 weeks, or forever, etc.

:slap: If he does get hurt then the "Is Reggie really going to retire" threads will never die.

As for the last 14 days they were pretty much like the last 14 weeks. They sucked.

Kegboy
03-16-2005, 01:50 PM
While you were gone, I fell to the darkside, to keep the cosmic balance in check since Peck has turned into Mr. Pacer all of a sudden. Not really sure why. :sarcasm:

And if you think I'm joking, there's a thread somewhere where Buck called me "very bitter." Thankfully, Jay's been around to keep the heat off me.