PDA

View Full Version : Qyntel Woods for Freddie Jones trade...

LuckyMcPhearson
03-14-2005, 05:57 PM
almost happened. :o

ē Did you notice that Portlandís own Freddie Jones, the improving third-year guard of the Indiana Pacers, lit up the Blazers for 23 points, six rebounds and eight assists last week? He could have been playing for the other side. A trade involving Jones and Portlandís Qyntel Woods was on the table last season. By the time the Blazers decided they would go for it, the Pacers had decided against it.

http://www.portlandtribune.com/archview.cgi?id=28785

Blazer Managment on the day this trade was offered = :buddies:

Jermaniac
03-14-2005, 06:38 PM
Ohh thank you Larry and Donnie.

sweabs
03-14-2005, 06:47 PM
That was when God was a Pacers fan...kind of.

Unclebuck
03-14-2005, 06:58 PM
I guess is is the type of trade Bball and others wished the pacers made as they "go for a champoinship

Bball
03-14-2005, 07:04 PM
I guess is is the type of trade Bball and others wished the pacers made as they "go for a champoinship

And if they would've made it you'd be telling us what a positive it was for us, a chance we had to take, and how Freddie just wasn't in our future plans anyway.

-Bball

Kegboy
03-14-2005, 08:34 PM
:girlfight

Skaut_Ech
03-14-2005, 08:55 PM
:girlfight

Kegboy.......:lol2:

bball.....lol, that was a little too insightfully funny. (Sorry, UB.)

I freely acknowledge I'm not one of the Freddy is the future brigade. As I've said ad naseum, Freddie to me is another Adrian Griffin, Aaron McKie type player: Nice ot have, but never essential.

Qyntel is a knucklehead, but I, for one, would have been pretty happy with that trade. Qyntel Woods reminds me a lot of Darius Miles in talent. I think his biggest problem has been that's he's been in a toxic environment, along with not having any guidance. A think a structured organization llike the Pacers would have done wonders for him. I think a move to Riley's no-nonsense organization will most likely get the kid on the path to stardom. I remember how they were saying he had the tools to be another McGrady when he came out. I don't see it being that extreme, but I think he's another one of those guys buried on the Blazers bench who's going to be a gem. HOw can anyone develop in the rudderless management that is the Blazers?

Suaveness
03-14-2005, 09:03 PM
WHY anyone would want to trade Fred is beyond me....

efx
03-14-2005, 10:00 PM
Depends who they could get for him. That animal-abuser Woods though? No thanks.

Jermaniac
03-14-2005, 10:02 PM
I really dont care about the animal abusing part, but Freddie is 2 times better then the guy and has been in the league a year less then him.

Hicks
03-14-2005, 10:17 PM
I really dont care about the animal abusing part,

:unhappy:

efx
03-14-2005, 10:26 PM
I do care. Players get away with too much as it is and blatantly breaking both written and moral laws like that and still being in this league making a boatload of money disturbs me on so many levels. I'd never support him, not even in a pacers uniform.

Jermaniac
03-14-2005, 10:38 PM
:unhappy: Yep I said it, I dont know the guy I dont know what he likes to do or doesnt like to do, I root for the Pacers and just care that these guys play good basketball, who they hit, who they have sex with of the court doesnt have anything to do with me and I dont care about it. They do something bad they will get punished for it and I dont have anything to do with that.

Hicks
03-14-2005, 10:41 PM
Just comes across like you're OK with animal cruelty. That's why I posted, I understand the idea of focusing on their on-court play only (though I don't agree).

Jermaniac
03-14-2005, 10:49 PM
I'm not okay with animal cruelty but I see your point also. But these guys are grown men and they do what they want. I watch the Pacers because I enjoy watching them play and love when they win, I got my own stuff to worry about, all these guys doing crime know what they are doing and know they will get punished if they get caught, no point of me getting headaches from their problems.

grace
03-15-2005, 09:22 AM
I would have been O.K. with the trade if only for the fact that maybe it would have kept people on the board from talking about woulda/shoulda/coulda trades after the freaking trade deadline!!!:suicide: :bananadea