PDA

View Full Version : Jermaine likely Needs Surgery and Out for Season

PacersFan
03-13-2005, 10:45 PM
Read this on Indystar....some guy said he met Jermiane yesterday and he told him this:

I met Jermaine Oneal last night. I got his autograph. I also got my picture taken with him. He is soo tall. It was for my aunts birthday too. We took him cake and ice cream and with 2 of his friends. He was one of the most polited guys i have ever met. He gave some of my friends 40 dollars in quarters to play in the arcade room. I just wanted to tell about my experience. I also asked Jermaine about his injury and he said he has to get surgery and that he is out for the rest of the season!

http://www.indystar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100089

If this is true, then there truly is a curse on this season.

Hicks
03-13-2005, 10:49 PM
Figures.

Shade
03-13-2005, 10:52 PM
Well, this season is now officially over. We didn't even get to see the DD/JO tag-team.

What a horrible, horrible ****ing season. :cry: :suicide:

sweabs
03-13-2005, 11:06 PM
Call me crazy, but I wouldnt exactly call this "official"

Ill say we are ****ed when I read this from the star, not some kid who had a "meeting" with one of the "most polited guys i have ever met'

I definitely would not consider this 'official' for obvious reasons.

But, let's say Jermaine comes back for the last week or two of the regular season? Seriously...what difference does it make at this point...........

Obviously I've hit extreme-depression mode.

SMILIE OF THE YEAR = :disappoin

Will Galen
03-13-2005, 11:49 PM
Out for the season might not include the playoffs. Just a thought.

Eindar
03-14-2005, 12:03 AM
Ya, maybe he'll be re-instated for the playoffs....wait, who were we talking about again?

ReggieMiller8325
03-14-2005, 12:05 AM
Why do you guys always lose hope when something like this happend we are 3-2 since the guy been oout we are doing farley good.We have Reggie Miller averaging 20.5 ppg over the last 4 games and s-jax here who had a horrble shooting night today.Tinsley is coming back a bigger impact than j.o this season ain't over ok so don't lose hope we are all pacer fans and lets all be die hard Go pacers!I am proud to be a pacer fan so early and lets all get together and reunite and have faith in this team Go pacers! :)

Lord Helmet
03-14-2005, 12:07 AM
I was watching the Ch.13 Sports Jam and before they went to the interview with Dale Davis, Callaboro said that they have been hearing that the injury may put JO out for the rest of the season, but nothing is official just yet. I am already trying to brace myself for the dreaded headline tommorow that could read "Pacers' O'neal needs surgery; out for season" :( :suicide:

Out for the season might not include the playoffs. Just a thought.
I was thinking that myself. Maybe JO will be ready in time for the first round, if we make it. The first round probably begins around the 24th or 26th of April, I think. I know for a fact that the playoffs will come a bit later this year. The regular season ends around the 20th of April, where last year, the Pacers were wrapping up a sweep of Boston on the 25th of April.

Hopefully, if he really is out for the season he can return for the playoffs.

able
03-14-2005, 05:01 AM
IF he has to have surgery, then he is out for the season including the playoffs.

DD was out for 3 and 4 months both times he had surgery, according to today's Star.
But it also said he played through the playoffs one time needing surgery, I guess it'll all depend.

However the shimmer of hope that lived is fading quickly.

Bball
03-14-2005, 05:06 AM
Would the last Pacer standing please turn off the lights when they leave the gym....

-Bball

able
03-14-2005, 05:10 AM
Would the last Pacer standing please turn off the lights when they leave the gym....

-Bball

HA you infidel! wait for the miraculous appearance of ...................

Edwards!

:zip:

Unclebuck
03-14-2005, 07:58 AM
Just a thought. Playoff and season ticket renewals are due Tuesday 3/15. Not that I would suggest they are withholding informing the public of J.O injury until after most have sent their renewals in

Shade
03-14-2005, 08:38 AM
Just a thought. Playoff and season ticket renewals are due Tuesday 3/15. Not that I would suggest they are withholding informing the public of J.O injury until after most have sent their renewals in

Sounds to me like that's EXACTLY what you're suggesting... :uhoh: ;)

Unclebuck
03-14-2005, 09:49 AM
Sounds to me like that's EXACTLY what you're suggesting... :uhoh: ;)

I just wanted to give the information out and let others decide.

Do I think DW and LB have the medical information that season ending surgery is needed and have told the organization that they cannot announce it until after a certain time. No I don't believe that

grace
03-14-2005, 09:55 AM
I just wanted to give the information out and let others decide.

Do I think DW and LB have the medical information that season ending surgery is needed and have told the organization that they cannot announce it until after a certain time. No I don't believe that

Just like they've been so upfront with Jamaal's injury. It wouldn't be the first time someone in management has waited until getting a large commitment from someone and then they drop the bomb.

Slick Pinkham
03-14-2005, 10:10 AM
My dogsitter has a neighbor whose cousin is pychic and claims JO is out for the year.

Actually, that level of "connectedness" seems to be what the star gives us. They will report that JO needs an operation only after he is wheeled from the operating room and decides to have a press conference 48 hours later.

indygeezer
03-14-2005, 10:49 AM
Sounds like this season has made us ALL just a tiny bit sour, causticm ascerbic, sarcastic, whatever GOSH!

ChicagoJ
03-14-2005, 10:52 AM
I definitely would not consider this 'official' for obvious reasons.

But, let's say Jermaine comes back for the last week or two of the regular season? Seriously...what difference does it make at this point...........

Obviously I've hit extreme-depression mode.

SMILIE OF THE YEAR = :disappoin

Watch out, I was there last week. I think I rubbed some people the wrong way with my ranting. :blush:

3ptmiller
03-14-2005, 12:38 PM
:censored: