PDA

View Full Version : WHAT THE ?!?! Pistons 64, Jazz 62

Los Angeles
03-13-2005, 09:40 PM
I honestly thought that was after a half. Or at least 3 quarters.

Can anyone give a game recap on this - I almost can't believe my eyes.

shags
03-13-2005, 09:46 PM
At the end of the 3rd quarter, Carlos Arroyo handed off to Rasheed Wallace, who buried a 3 with 2 seconds left.

That was the last basket the Pistons scored. 6 points in the 4th quarter, as they couldn't solve the Jazz zone.

But they played great defense, holding the Jazz to 12. It's the classic example of the quote "You always have a chance if you play hard on defense."

DisplacedKnick
03-13-2005, 09:56 PM
The two teams scored less than Toronto did tonight. That's all the recap I can give you.

Kstat
03-13-2005, 10:02 PM
Pistons went 0-15 from the field in the 4th qtr- and won.

Gotta be some kind of record......

Larry's going under the knife again tomorrow. He could be gone for a long time.

sweabs
03-13-2005, 10:04 PM
The two teams scored less than Toronto did tonight. That's all the recap I can give you.

Speaking of the Raps game - I watched it...and wow. Talk about NO defense whatsoever.

And geeze - Donyell came out there, and drained 6 3-pointers in a row off the bench...you would think Philly would put a man on him after that? NOPE.

shags
03-13-2005, 10:10 PM
Speaking of the Raps game - I watched it...and wow. Talk about NO defense whatsoever.

And geeze - Donyell came out there, and drained 6 3-pointers in a row off the bench...you would think Philly would put a man on him after that? NOPE.

Tied the NBA record with 12 in a game too. Donyell Marshall of all people.

canyoufeelit
03-13-2005, 11:18 PM
Larry's going under the knife again tomorrow. He could be gone for a long time.

If I had to watch that team play everyday, I'd probably try to stay away from knives :D

Bball
03-13-2005, 11:37 PM
What's Larry having surgery for? Apparently I've missed something...

-Bball

Kstat
03-13-2005, 11:44 PM
What's Larry having surgery for? Apparently I've missed something...

-Bball

He had his hip replaced in November. He's having it operated on again, for whatever reason.

Kstat
03-14-2005, 01:19 AM
http://www.detnews.com/2005/pistons/0503/14/D01-116405.htm

Brown to miss time

Pistons coach Larry Brown announced after his post-game press conference Sunday that he was taking another leave of absence.

"I am having surgery tomorrow," he said. "It's related to my hip; it's been a while coming."

Brown has been having urinary difficulties ever since having surgery to repair his artificial hip back on Nov. 3 and needs a second surgery to correct the problem.

Though no official timetable has been set, Brown is expected to miss at least the next three or four games (all this week).

Hoop
03-14-2005, 03:15 AM
I hope Larry's surgery goes well.

Larry should retire and enjoy life, he's got nothing else to prove. Everyone knows he was/is a great coach and person.