PDA

View Full Version : The ABA Indiana Pacers Website

able
03-12-2005, 07:48 PM
OK just an update, I have posted the preliminary site on www.pacersfans.com/abapacers
The gifs and pictures are "mouse-over" to links, several on which the content comes from the Star, pictures are from the net, and the 3 ABA videos are in there as well, unchaged, as I simply do not have the time at the moment.

Several people offered help, well here is a start, gimem your ideas and work and I will gladly alter/incorporate/add whatever comes up.

We need Stories; clippings etc.
I will over the coming weeks, scan "Loose Balls", after I read it (sorry I am that egotistical) but that is a "bulky" job :) and there are several pages that will get "primary" viewing due to some more then interesting signatures on it :D

Anyone who has pictures, post them :D

Let's get this going, over time I am sure this can become the best archive site on the ABA Pacers.

Deadshot
03-12-2005, 07:55 PM
I am almost done with Loose Balls, and I will help there wherever I can (there is a whole chapter on the Pacers). Also, I can scan some of my ABA Pacers basketball cards if you would like them.

ABADays
03-12-2005, 08:00 PM
HELP!!!!!!!!!!! I've been robbed. I went looking for my Pacer Power album and it's gone!!!!! We really need to search for this record. Do any of you old timers have it? This is a great "game clips" narration of the Pacer ABA Days and a must for this website. I'm going to check with the Pacers directly.

:swear: how can this be!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW abel - whatever you thought the package I sent you was worth - this site and the work on it is more than enough of a thank you.

Lord Helmet
03-12-2005, 08:10 PM
I just checked out the site, looks good!

able
03-12-2005, 08:57 PM
I pinned this thread temporarily, just to make sure the people who want to work on this project see it.

gilpdawg
03-12-2005, 09:53 PM
Great Site. And I never knew about the telethon thing.

BigMac
03-12-2005, 09:55 PM
This is the greatest thing since sliced bread. The videos are awesome. I remember watching these but it's awesome to be able to see them when I want. For a lot of us, when you think Pacers you think ABA. Thanks Able. Awesome.

Hoop
03-12-2005, 10:02 PM
Loose Balls is a great read, you'll enjoy it.

Nice Pacers ABA site!
:cheers:

diamonddave00
03-12-2005, 11:28 PM
Read LOOSE BALLS when it first came out. Would highly recommend it to anyone who wants to know about the ABA. Has some very good pictures in it too.

Hicks
03-13-2005, 10:39 AM
The videos are from the collection of our own indygeezer, who sent his tapes to me, where I then made the digital copies and then converted them to .wmv (or else they'd be even bigger files than they are). I still have I think two programs to get to able. One I have ready to upload, the other I still need to get copied from the tape. The one that's ready to upload is the Nuggets vs ABA All-Stars with play by play by non other than our own Al Albert.

Deadshot
03-13-2005, 01:13 PM
able, here are some scans of my ABA cards. If you would like to use the pictures for the site, that is fine - if not, that is also fine. I just thought I would contribute however I could:

http://img229.exs.cx/img229/7162/14jk.jpg

http://img229.exs.cx/img229/3788/29uk.jpg

able
03-13-2005, 01:16 PM
Deadshot, can you send me individual scans by email ?

send to abel@able-towers.com please :)

I also just got word that I have permission to use material on remembertheaba.com :D

Deadshot
03-13-2005, 01:19 PM
Yes, I can do that. Would it be alright with you if I just broke the above images into many smaller images by using paint or another program?

able
03-13-2005, 01:20 PM
do whatever you want :)

Deadshot
03-13-2005, 01:34 PM
I just sent them to your email now. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for the site - I really think this project sounds like a lot of fun!

able
03-13-2005, 06:00 PM
I added the cards, added a few stories under the cards and added some more (like yr 1 ) with a lot of links on that page (You'll find yr1 underneed one of the champ rings)

cheers and have fun reading.

Deadshot
03-13-2005, 08:21 PM
I like how you used the logo to make the P on the top of the page. I know the web page is in the very early stages, but maybe someone here on PD is good with flash or photoshop - some more designs would make the page more appealing (although you're doing a great job already).

Deadshot
03-13-2005, 09:53 PM
One thing I noticed when scanning the site again - you put two of the Lewis cards on there twice, and left one Lewis card off.

Slick Pinkham
03-14-2005, 09:49 AM
able, you should add in the hoopshype article about Roger Brown. It's still available:

http://www.hoopshype.com/articles/brown_friedman.htm

But I fear that eventually they will take it down.

able
03-14-2005, 10:12 AM
Was going to add that tonight

aceace
03-15-2005, 01:55 AM
If you need some pictures I have tons of ABA pacer cards I bought from ebay 10 yrs ago (when they were cheaper) all NM so would make great pictures all the rookies playoff league leader cards too. I got the 1976 all star game on (Denver) on tape also.

able
03-15-2005, 04:03 AM
The pictures would be more then welcome, I which case I will make a seperate "cards" section, maybe with some help, we can get them all :)

as for the game, I believe if you click on one of the pictures on the first page it will all of a sudden offer you a download of that game

DANCINGHARRY
03-15-2005, 07:11 AM
NO WAY TO SCAN BUT I DO HAVE TWO ABA PACER PENNENTS ONE WHICH IS NOT EVEN ON REMMEBER THE ABA.COM, EVERY ABA PACER CARD AND SONME OF THE SSTICKERS FROM THE FIRST YEAR FOR ABA CARDS, AN ABA BANK PACERS CERAMIC BANK ANDSOME OTHER MISC. OHH ABA CURTAINS THAT WERE SOLD OUT OF THE JC PENNY CATALOG. A LOT OF THE STUFF IN CONSECO CAME FROM ORIGIONAL COLLECTION WHICH I SOLD ABOUT 10 YEARS AGO.

Hicks
03-15-2005, 07:59 PM
Able, I've made an attempt at polishing the main page a little bit. :cool:

*edit* There's a glitch I didn't catch before uploading this that would need to be fixed. When you move the mouse over a picture that links to something, it shows a "broken image".

http://www.pacersdigest.com/hicks_aba_pacers.htm

Deadshot
03-15-2005, 08:10 PM
I just noticed something else about the page - why is there a picture of Clark Kellogg on the site?

able
04-04-2005, 07:19 AM
Ok some alterations, not to the site, but to the project :D

1. the site is now "official" as I registered the domain "abapacers.com" for it, so once it resolves world-wide you will be able to find it at www.abapacers.com
2. With the Miller project goingon as well, I need some help on this site so those who volunteered, pls do so again in a pm and I will set up a group mailllist so we can start "lifting this project" up.

that's all for now :)
cheers

a

Hicks
04-04-2005, 08:41 AM
Able, I've made an attempt at polishing the main page a little bit. :cool:

*edit* There's a glitch I didn't catch before uploading this that would need to be fixed. When you move the mouse over a picture that links to something, it shows a "broken image".

http://www.pacersdigest.com/hicks_aba_pacers.htm

I never did know how to fix the 'glitch' above, but if you know how, I think my .html file here would spruce things up a bit.

Deadshot
04-04-2005, 02:16 PM
Looking good - hopefully someone that is really good with graphics will step up and lend a hand - I think a good graphics revamp would make the site excellent. Also, I would be more than happy to help some more if I could (although I don't know what all I could do). If nothing else, I just finished Loose Balls not too long ago, and I could help recall some facts from there.

BTW - reiterating a question from a previous post: Why is Clark in one of the pictures on the site with the rest of the ABA players?

Hicks
04-04-2005, 03:36 PM
I agree a good graphical update would do a lot; the content's already good, now we just need to shine it up real nice. :D

able
04-11-2005, 08:34 AM
I will work on this tonight, late my time.

And then I want to make some progress with this, people who have offered, please bring it on :)

OI have written a letter to the writer of the famous book to ask his permission to use excerpts, let's wait and see what he says :)

Oh yeah and there is a lot of material on remembertheaba we can use, we have the permission for that :D

I still like to see "personal" stories adn am trying to get in touch with Mike Storen, whom I met a number of years ago, but while I have his address and phonenumber, I have no email so perhaps I should just be bold and give him a call :)

Also who in the P's organization would be best approached for this ?

BigMac
04-14-2005, 02:11 AM
I still like to see "personal" stories adn am trying to get in touch with Mike Storen, whom I met a number of years ago, but while I have his address and phonenumber, I have no email so perhaps I should just be bold and give him a call :)

Also who in the P's organization would be best approached for this ?

On the first question: Call him. Tell him you like the work his daughter has been donig on the Morning Show or whatever it is called (Hannah Storm).

Second, why not go to DW's office directly? RWB may be able to help because I think I remember that he has a relative in the Pacers Front Office?

Jesus Shuttlesworth
05-03-2005, 07:25 PM
What is the password????

able
05-03-2005, 09:01 PM
there is no password lock on www.abapacers.com

SycamoreKen
05-10-2005, 05:44 AM
Cool!

Hoop
05-15-2005, 08:41 PM
I have a ABA question?

The first year of the merger I've read that the NBA Allstar game was made up mostly of former ABA players. Anyone know how many players were from the ABA.

able
05-27-2005, 04:29 PM
During the First All Star game after the Merger there were 10 players from the former ABA participating and 14 of the NBA:
Julius Erving and George McGinnis (Philly) Bobby Jones Dan Issel adn David Thompson (Denver) Don Buse and Billy Knight (Pacers) George Gervin (SanAn) Maurice Lucas (Portl) adn Rick Barry (Gold St)
5 of the 10 starters in the NBA finals were former ABA players
Denver won the Midwest (50-32) 2nd best record in the NBA SanAn went 44-38 Pacers 36-46 and the Nets were 22-60

able
05-27-2005, 07:48 PM
I have also updated the frontpage of the site (www.abapacers.com)

more work as soon as i have time

ABADays
05-29-2005, 12:09 PM
Username and password?

able
05-29-2005, 12:39 PM
Username and password?

Should be only on certain links, for that see pm

:D

Hoosier Rebel
05-30-2005, 04:56 PM
Do you need a password to get in?? I can't view it for some reason?

able
05-30-2005, 05:11 PM
only on a few links, where it says on the site where to email to.

Hoosier Rebel
05-30-2005, 05:30 PM
Now I'm able to get in! Thxs

indygeezer
06-02-2005, 03:27 PM
HAs everybody else seen this story I just found? It's by Neto (thank yu very much!)

http://www.gradewinner.com/p/articles/mi_m0FCJ/is_8_28/ai_75246430

MSA2CF
06-02-2005, 04:46 PM
Question: Why is Clark Kellogg on the ABA page? :whoknows:

Hicks
06-02-2005, 04:48 PM
Question: Why is Clark Kellogg on the ABA page? :whoknows:

Ha; I hadn't caught that before. He needs to be taken off.

Deadshot
06-07-2005, 02:57 AM

I already asked that twice in this thread, lol - seems to happen with a lot of my posts ;)

Anyway, I was on vacation the past week (in Indiana of all places), and George Mikan's death made me think of this page. No one really said a thing about it in the media on TV, but he was the first commish of the ABA (they needed a big name).

indygeezer
06-10-2005, 04:53 PM
BTW Hicks......I rec'd the video's back just fine.

Glad you could use em.

RWB
06-15-2005, 01:47 PM

Bump......

I'll be talking to Bill Keller in a week and will let him know about the ABA site and as usual I'll give him an invite to the forum party. You never know?

Jesus Shuttlesworth
06-15-2005, 07:46 PM
Bump......

I'll be talking to Bill Keller in a week and will let him know about the ABA site and as usual I'll give him an invite to the forum party. You never know?

Ah, Billy Keller. That guy is great...I took a couple of his shooting camps - which are incredible. I wouldn't be surprised if he actually showed up. Remember when he coached the Indiana Legends - the ABA 200 team? That was fun, they played at Hinkle a few years ago.

Hicks
07-06-2005, 01:30 PM
To be re-stickied when there is news