PDA

View Full Version : How will Dale Davis be received tonight at conseco

Unclebuck
03-11-2005, 11:49 AM
I know he'll get a warm ovation when he is introduced in the starting lineup. But I think the Pacers should go all out in welcoming DD back. Show a video montage of some of Dale's greatest plays over the years to get the crowd more excited.

I'm really excited to welcome him back.

Any other ideas on what the Pacers organization should do

arkman40
03-11-2005, 11:53 AM
Man I wish I could be there. Dale was my favorite Pacer for years. It's times like this I don't like being away from Indy.

Harddrive7
03-11-2005, 11:54 AM
I think that they will most definitely show him back in the Bird days. I think the crowd will just go nuts period. Everyone loved his effort.

Harddrive7
03-11-2005, 11:56 AM
Man I wish I could be there. Dale was my favorite Pacer for years. It's times like this I don't like being away from Indy.

ARKMAN SIGHTING!!!!!!!

Ragnar
03-11-2005, 11:57 AM
With the kind reception our former players get when they come back with their new team I would think he will get a huge reception tonight as a returning player. Our fans always appreciated Dale. How many other cities do you hear the fans clap and cheer because someone blocked out?

ABADays
03-11-2005, 12:01 PM
Standing O - no question. He sure didn't hurt himself by the way he played on the road either.

JOneal7
03-11-2005, 12:18 PM
I bet he gets booed out of the building...

Harddrive7
03-11-2005, 12:20 PM
I bet he gets booed out of the building...

Moving right along...

I really hope that they show him through the years including this year. The full circle kind of thing.

BTW, does us getting Dale back mean that we got JO for nothing? :laugh:

marcd
03-11-2005, 12:24 PM
Moving right along...

I really hope that they show him through the years including this year. The full circle kind of thing.

BTW, does us getting Dale back mean that we got JO for nothing? :laugh:

Not if you count the "basketball gods" taking JO away the game before we signed Dale...

MarcD

Doug in CO
03-11-2005, 12:32 PM
Security better be tight in Peck's section - because it is going to take all the self restraint he can muster not to rush the floor to give DD a big hug and a kiss.

BillS
03-11-2005, 12:54 PM
Security better be tight in Peck's section - because it is going to take all the self restraint he can muster not to rush the floor to give DD a big hug and a kiss.

I just hope he stops at that.

Ooooh, gotta get that image outta my head ...

ChicagoJ
03-11-2005, 01:03 PM
If I were there tonight, I'd give him a standing ovation for old-time sakes.

And, as soon as he fumbles a pass out of bounds or bricks a put-back attempt, I'd be all over him again, just for old-time sakes.

It will all have to wait until next Friday, though.

If he ever would've put the same effort into simple basketball fundamentals as he did into chiseling that body or perfecting his stare/glare, he could've been a great, great basketball player. I still feel like he never came close to hitting his potential. He settled for being a "warrior", which is nice and all, but he sold himself short. He was the master of setting the "pick" all right, but even at his prime he might've been the worst player in the league at executing the "roll".

DisplacedKnick
03-11-2005, 01:17 PM
If he ever would've put the same effort into simple basketball fundamentals as he did into chiseling that body or perfecting his stare/glare, he could've been a great, great basketball player. I still feel like he never came close to hitting his potential. He settled for being a "warrior", which is nice and all, but he sold himself short. He was the master of setting the "pick" all right, but even at his prime he might've been the worst player in the league at executing the "roll".

There's one heretic in every church. :-p

Harddrive7
03-11-2005, 01:31 PM
So is it safe to say that Dale just isn't very atheletic?

pb777
03-11-2005, 02:16 PM
This just in - Fieldhouse security will have a checkpoint setup right outside of Peck's section. Additionally, 2 armed officers will be posted on either side of Peck's aisle and a sniper armed with tranquilizers will be in the rafters...:uhoh:
So Peck be careful tonight, dont get overly excited :tsk:

MagicRat
03-11-2005, 03:05 PM
There's one heretic in every church. :-p

We all know Jay's a hater.........:-p

Kegboy
03-11-2005, 03:25 PM
Goes to show how little I care about us signing Dale, I didn't even realize that I hadn't even seen him play at home yet. :shrug:

As for Jay's mini-rant, that sounds a lot like how somebody on this board feels about sata..er, I mean McKey. Interesting. Very interesting, indeed. :devil:

And for the record, I took Dale at face value. So in other words, I don't think he ever could have been better than a good defender/rebounder/screener with limited offensive skills.

In my head I'm starting to make all kinds of comparisons between McKey and Dale. I better leave before I post them, or Peck will hunt me down. :zip:

Unclebuck
03-11-2005, 03:30 PM
Kegboy, you've become very bitter.

But I too have in my head compared McKey and Davis, But I keep some of my opnions to myself.

ChicagoJ
03-11-2005, 03:35 PM
Thanks, guys, for leaving me out here on this limb by myself.

:grumble:

Signed,

- Everyone's favorite Hater

Kegboy
03-11-2005, 03:48 PM
Kegboy, you've become very bitter.

Yep. I've been thinking that I should sign my Official Sunshine Brigade Membership Card over to Peck. :sunshine:

I mean, between the Pacers, Keady, the kickass ROTS trailer last night, and my currently playing KOTOR2 as a Sith Marauder, I think I've officially fallen to the Dark Side. :duel:

Shade
03-11-2005, 03:50 PM
ARKMAN SIGHTING!!!!!!!

That's about as frequent as a Bender sighting, isn't it? :laugh:

ChicagoJ
03-11-2005, 03:55 PM
That's about as frequent as a Bender sighting, isn't it? :laugh:

I didn't know Bender posted on here. I thought he was out for the season with carpal tunnel syndrome?

MagicRat
03-11-2005, 04:03 PM
I didn't know Bender posted on here. I thought he was out for the season with carpal tunnel syndrome?

I think I'm just going to have to hand over the keys to the hater-van.......:smartass:

PacersFan
03-13-2005, 03:41 PM
Back to DD.....all you DD fans might want to look at the plus- minus rankings, pretty much confirms what most people have been saying on here the last couple of days.
http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/plus_minus_0405.html

Los Angeles
03-13-2005, 04:19 PM
Back to DD.....all you DD fans might want to look at the plus- minus rankings, pretty much confirms what most people have been saying on here the last couple of days.
http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/plus_minus_0405.html
HOLY CRAP!

I didn't realize that the addition of DD brought us to a big number:

20 - count them - TWENTY different players on the roster throughout the year. With no players being traded away.

That HAS to be a record of some kind.