PDA

View Full Version : Yao invites Patrick Ewing and Dikembe Mutumbo for dinner (hilarious SI article)

Dr Huxtable
03-10-2005, 08:19 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/players/03/07/first_person0314/

:laugh:

"MUTOMBO: I eat anything."

"EWING: How many languages do you speak, seven?

MUTOMBO: I speak Ebonics now, so eight. Yao, do you speak Ebonics? [Yao shrugs.]"

Mutumbo's a funny guy.

3ptmiller
03-10-2005, 09:54 PM
"EWING: Well, I don't eat pork, duck or chicken either. Only shrimp and fish [and beef]."

Is he a muslim or somethin?

naptownmenace
03-11-2005, 05:16 PM
That was hilarious. :lol:

My two favorite parts were:

Mutombo's cellphone rings. The ring tone is 50 Cent's In Da Club. He answers and starts speaking one of his eight languages -- not English.

EWING: Man, every time I go over to Dikembe's, he's on the phone. [Ewing picks up his cellphone and starts mocking Mutombo.] 'Doobleedoo doobloodoo doobleedoo. ...' I'm like, 'What the hell is he saying?'

And this was a funny little exchange:

EWING: [To Mutombo] Can you pass me that beef?

MUTOMBO: Sure. [Before passing it, Mutombo takes his own spoon and scoops four pieces onto his plate.]

EWING: Man, I don't want that now. You put your spoon in the plate. [Ewing nonetheless takes the plate from Mutombo.] Jeez, man.

MUTOMBO: Oh, come on. I didn't even touch the beef on your side of the plate. You can eat that. [Ewing reluctantly scoops three pieces onto his plate. He doesn't say a word.]

MUTOMBO: How long have we known each other, 18 years? I've been dealing with this same crap for 18 years.
:lol: