PDA

View Full Version : O'Neal injury worse than thought

Lord Helmet
03-10-2005, 06:24 PM
Just reported on RTV6. JO could be out another week, or month and there even has been thought that it could be for the season. Well, just another blow.

EDIT-Worse than thought, not worst, won't let me edit the title.

Dr Huxtable
03-10-2005, 06:26 PM
Who honestly didn't expect this?

ChicagoJ
03-10-2005, 06:27 PM
I tried to say a minimum of three weeks shortly after the injury.

Frankly, I'll be somewhat surprised if either JO or Tinsley play again this season.

ABADays
03-10-2005, 06:28 PM
They are always worse than expected.

Spicoli
03-10-2005, 06:30 PM
:suicide:

Shade
03-10-2005, 06:35 PM
To be honest, once I heard it was dislocated, I already made the assumption that he was out for the remainder of the season.

We may have to wait until next season to see that DD/JO combo (assuming Donnie/Larry do the right thing and bring him back).

What a year. :rolleyes:

Ragnar
03-10-2005, 06:41 PM
It just keeps getting worse and worse

grace
03-10-2005, 06:41 PM
What a year. :rolleyes:

Back in the preseason when everyone was hurt I named my fantasy league team "It's gonna be a long year". I guess I should have named it "It's gonna be a long, painful, torturous, wish you were dead, kind of year".

Shade
03-10-2005, 06:55 PM
The year in review:

:champions :( :) :D :happydanc :eek: :swear: :shakehead :eek: :cry: :pissed: :cry: :) :cry: :eek: :happydanc :cool: :confused: :unimpress :happydanc :( :) :unimpress :happydanc :eek: :( :cry::suicide: :goodnight

Suaveness
03-10-2005, 06:58 PM
How, honestly, can so many bad things happen to one team? What did they do to deserve all of this?

3ptmiller
03-10-2005, 07:09 PM
How, honestly, can so many bad things happen to one team? What did they do to deserve all of this?

GOD is against us, and the fuhrer himself (mister Stern) is against us, the Luck is against us... can it get worse? :(

ReggieMiller8325
03-10-2005, 07:10 PM
be good.

XXSASSXX31
03-10-2005, 07:15 PM
Rick Carlisle just said on his radio show Jermaine's injury is worse than expected.

Kegboy
03-10-2005, 07:16 PM
The year in review:

:champions :( :) :D :happydanc :eek: :swear: :shakehead :eek: :cry: :pissed: :cry: :) :cry: :eek: :happydanc :cool: :confused: :unimpress :happydanc :( :) :unimpress :happydanc :eek: :( :cry::suicide: :goodnight

Truer words have never been said.

SoupIsGood
03-10-2005, 07:21 PM
This season makes me want to trepan myself.

Suaveness
03-10-2005, 07:22 PM
The year in review:

Sigh...

Eindar
03-10-2005, 07:25 PM
So, let's go where I've wanted to all season. Who are we getting in the lottery? PG or SF?

SoupIsGood
03-10-2005, 07:25 PM
I find this icon the most fitting.

:eek:

pb777
03-10-2005, 07:37 PM
DAMN, NOT JO TOO!!!!!!!!!! Without JO our playoff run seems...http://www.siyclone.com/html/emoticons/zoekezoef_dead1.gif

This is bs, so now we are down to 2 starters, Reggie and Foster? I feel extremely bad that Reggie has to go out like this...

Hicks
03-10-2005, 07:43 PM
I think the following statement should sum up just how bad this year has been:

This year has been so bad, awful, unfortunate, shocking, and sometimes downright ****ty, that this news doesn't even phase me. I've already accepted it. I'm not even that upset, because I don't feel like we just lost anything. And I say that, because I don't feel like things have changed due to this news. The writing was already on the wall.

Lord Helmet
03-10-2005, 07:48 PM
I think the following statement should sum up just how bad this year has been:

This year has been so bad, awful, unfortunate, shocking, and sometimes downright ****ty, that this news doesn't even phase me. I've already accepted it. I'm not even that upset, because I don't feel like we just lost anything. And I say that, because I don't feel like things have changed due to this news. The writing was already on the wall.
Good point :(

Unclebuck
03-10-2005, 08:16 PM
I could enter into the spirit of this thread, but to be honest after I read this whole thread, I just want to say QUIT COMPLAINING. Bad seasons happen. No one ever said anything is guaranteed.

PacerSteelerChick
03-10-2005, 09:26 PM
Yeah it definitely sucks that Reggie has to go out like this. Why couldnt this be a good year like last year except even better with a championship ring? But no it all had to get screwed up.

3ptmiller
03-10-2005, 09:31 PM
Yeah it definitely sucks that Reggie has to go out like this. Why couldnt this be a good year like last year except even better with a championship ring? But no it all had to get screwed up.
:welcome:

pb777
03-10-2005, 09:32 PM
as long as we're still in the hunt for the playoffs jermaine is gonna try his hardest to come back...i know this..and i think he'll be back within 2-3 weeks, same with tinsley.

it was just mentioned he could be out for the season...i think if he can in any way play at all he will.

and i think this team even minus jermaine/artest/tinsley are still gonna get anywhere from the 6-7-8 spot.

THANK YOU...:thankyou:
I needed to hear something like this. It's so easy to fall into depression when you hear bad news about something you love. But youre right, it's not the end of the world and JO will do his best to get back for the end of the season and the playoffs..

Lord Helmet
03-10-2005, 09:39 PM
THANK YOU...:thankyou:
I needed to hear something like this. It's so easy to fall into depression when you hear bad news about something you love. But youre right, it's not the end of the world and JO will do his best to get back for the end of the season and the playoffs..
Yeah, so did I. I have been a bit down since I heard about JO's status.

MagicRat
03-10-2005, 09:41 PM
Looks like it's time to post this again....

Josey Wales: Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is.

http://webpages.charter.net/dougd/malpaso/clint.gif

TheHotShot31
03-10-2005, 09:41 PM
I dont see why Reggie wants to go out like this.

Mr. Pink
03-10-2005, 10:48 PM
Now you all know how it feels when a couple years ago when all the Kings players kept getting injured.

It happens. I'm sure every team in the league has been through this once in its history. It'll all pass.

abington
03-10-2005, 10:50 PM
If Reggie were coming back I would be for shutting everyone down and waiting for next year. But because this is it for him, all the bad news becomes more and more painful.

recap
03-10-2005, 11:19 PM
OK... This season sucks, and when you have such a great team to start with, it sucks to say, "wait til next year". However, the closest thing that I can remember to a team being devestated by an injury or something like this is when David Robinson got injured leading to the drafting of Duncan. Obviously, we are unlikely to get the #1 pick, but as bad as this season is, I wouldn't mind replacing Reggie with a lottery pick.

Vicious Tyrant
03-11-2005, 05:11 AM
Ya know, in spite of Magic Rat's....uhhh....inspiring if naive comments, I'm also beginning to wonder if a lottery pick (in a weak draft as I understand it) can combine with a healthy JO, healthy Tins, Artest, a resigned DD, and a helluva chip on our shoulder to make for a great season next year! Can't Wait!!!!

Sigh....I thought I stopped thinking about "next year" in March back in '85.

indygeezer
03-11-2005, 06:02 AM
BTW MAgicRat, if that is a pix of you...... DUDE, the Rogaine goes on top!!

SkipperZ
03-11-2005, 06:43 AM
next year only does something for me if reggie gets back...

i am the utmost optimist when it comes to the pacers... even after the suspensions and all up until now i believed this team could contend for a championship, especially after the dale davis signing... a little part of me still does...

but bottom line, it sounds like this injury, even if JO guts it out and plays this season, which im sure he will if only because of uncle reg, he wont be at full strength. and to make a run in the playoffs, this team needs a fullly healthy tinsley and JO for the stretch run...

PacerBlade
03-11-2005, 07:11 AM
let the force be with us!

JOneal7
03-11-2005, 10:18 AM
keep your heads up guys! If we are within a 3-4 game radius of the playoffs I believe JO gives it a shot. Not like the sixers are catching up. lol

MagicRat
03-11-2005, 10:24 AM
Ya know, in spite of Magic Rat's....uhhh....inspiring if naive comments.....

:tongue:

And Geezer, I'll take that under advisement. I thought I might be doing something wrong.....;)

Old as Dirt
03-11-2005, 01:12 PM
I don't how bad it is but. I had 3 of the four that form the rotor cuff torn completly into this was last part of Nov 04 and I am still not healed up. I know I am a lot older that JO and not even close the phy condition. But still this last one of mine has been a bear. The DR told me had the next to brand new shoulder. Sure hop that JO is not messed up like that

PacerSteelerChick
03-11-2005, 01:35 PM
I just read on Pacers.com that we should know how long Oneal is out either today or tomorrow. So everyone just pray to the basketball god that he can come back pretty soon!

sweabs
03-11-2005, 01:36 PM
So everyone just pray to the basketball god that he can come back pretty soon!

I don't think we're on such good terms with him..........

bread
03-11-2005, 01:58 PM
I'm among those that saw this article and said to myself "Well, that figures. When is the draft and who'll be available at the 12-14 slot?"

As I've said before, we have been snakebit since before the season even started. I've come to believe that every team has a year like this and it's just our turn. Either that or God hates the Pacers.:shrug:

grace
03-11-2005, 04:37 PM
I dont see why Reggie wants to go out like this.

He doesn't want to go out like this. He knows how he feels and he feels he can't put forth the effort anymore. Plus, who in his right mind would want to go through another year of half the people on the board saying he shouldn't be starting?

Sollozzo
03-11-2005, 08:09 PM
What a season from hell........

http://www.indystar.com/articles/6/228473-1986-036.html

Concern grows for O'Neal
Carlisle says All-Star's shoulder injury may be more serious than the team originally thought.

Pacers forward Jermaine O'Neal (7) spent much of the week having his shoulder examined by doctors in Los Angeles. -- Ron Hoskins / Getty Images

Related content

Concern grows for O'Neal
Notebook: Jackson takes on role of No. 1 scoring threat
Message board
Ask the expert: Mark Montieth
More Pacers

Today's game
Who: Golden State (19-42) at Pacers (30-30)
Tipoff: 7 p.m.
TV: FSN Midwest
Radio: WIBC-1070 AM

Key matchup
Pacers guard Anthony Johnson vs. Warriors guard Baron Davis
Davis was acquired from New Orleans for Dale Davis and Speedy Claxton on Feb. 24. Baron Davis has been coming off the bench for Golden State as he recovers from a bruised Achilles' tendon. The Warriors are 3-4 since trading for Davis. He is averaging 11.9 points, 2.1 rebounds and 6.3 assists in 28.3 minutes. He scored 21 points against Detroit on Wednesday. Johnson likely will make his second straight start in place of Fred Jones, who is bothered with the flu. Johnson had 13 points and nine assists in 38 minutes against Utah. Johnson, who has started 15 games this season in place of injured Jamaal Tinsley, lost his starting job to Jones last week.

About the Warriors
The Warriors (19-42) have the second-worst record in the Western Conference, but one of their victories was against the Pacers, 104-96 on Dec. 4. Golden State has dropped two of its past three. Jason Richardson is the Warriors' leading scorer, averaging 22.9 points a game in 52 starts for first-year coach Mike Montgomery.

By Mike Wells
mike.wells@indystar.com
March 11, 2005

Reality is starting to set in for the Indiana Pacers: All-Star forward Jermaine O'Neal probably will be out longer than the five games he is required to miss for being placed on the injured list.

How much longer? Nobody knows.

"There's no official word yet, but I'm starting to be afraid this is more serious than we hoped," Pacers coach Rick Carlisle said Thursday.

O'Neal has spent most of the week in Los Angeles, visiting doctors and getting extra opinions on his right shoulder. Carlisle doesn't know whether O'Neal will need surgery. If he does, O'Neal's already shortened season likely would be over.

O'Neal sprained his shoulder while attempting a dunk late in the first half of the March 3 game at Denver. The Pacers put him on the injured list the next day, meaning the earliest he could return is Wednesday against Utah.

O'Neal quit wearing a sling just days after the injury but favored the shoulder while walking around Staples Center in Los Angeles.

The Pacers, who are contending for the final playoff spot in the Eastern Conference, are 2-1 since O'Neal's injury.

The Pacers have been able to get by defensively with the help of Dale Davis, who was signed the day O'Neal went on the injured list.

Davis has started all three games since joining the team.

"Had we not been able to get Dale back on the team, we probably wouldn't have been able to win two of these last three games," Carlisle said. "He's been that important to us."

JOneal7
03-11-2005, 08:24 PM
yep...so when does reggie break his ankle????
might as well...

ReggieMiller8325
03-11-2005, 08:28 PM
noooooooooooooooooooo.

Hicks
03-11-2005, 08:32 PM
Am I missing someting? Did this get updated? It looks like it did this morning......

Hicks
03-11-2005, 08:33 PM
I just checked; it's the same. Here's the original thread about it, PFA. :hippie:

http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10158

Hicks
03-11-2005, 08:34 PM
Aaaaaand I just realized that while that thread is where we've already discussed the issue, the article wasn't actually posted on it. I'll merge the threads.