PDA

View Full Version : is there anyone who really wants to play us in the first round?

JOneal7
03-10-2005, 11:44 AM
you can't tell me Miami isn't cringing at the thought of playing the pacers...can you? or detroit...the whole season just to lose in the first round? What do the pacers have to lose? they know nobody thinks they will win. The season was shot after ron ron went into the stands. So, what do we have to lose? put it all on the floor and see what we can get done. Honestly? I see us in the eastern conf. finals....and I see Detroit and Miami...at home...
you heard it here first...

XXSASSXX31
03-10-2005, 11:51 AM
you can't tell me Miami isn't cringing at the thought of playing the pacers...can you? or detroit...the whole season just to lose in the first round? What do the pacers have to lose? they know nobody thinks they will win. The season was shot after ron ron went into the stands. So, what do we have to lose? put it all on the floor and see what we can get done. Honestly? I see us in the eastern conf. finals....and I see Detroit and Miami...at home...

Without Ron Artest, I can see us beating Detroit in the first round because our heart will lift us over the top because of everything their punk fans and players have disrespected us this season...but without Ron, I just don't know if we're good enough to get past the 2nd round.

ABADays
03-10-2005, 11:52 AM
Ohhhhh . . . I don't think anyone would have a problem playing us. Even with the players we've had available I think we have underachieved a bit. There have been some pretty good moments but some bad ones too. Right now, I would consider us an average playoff team.

XXSASSXX31
03-10-2005, 11:56 AM
Ohhhhh . . . I don't think anyone would have a problem playing us. Even with the players we've had available I think we have underachieved a bit. There have been some pretty good moments but some bad ones too. Right now, I would consider us an average playoff team.

But I do bet teams that look to see who they are seeded against still would rather face a Philly or Orlando than an Indiana who has experience and is a championship team with all our players...and if J.O. and Jamaal get healthy, we can still make a serious run.

ReggieMiller8325
03-10-2005, 11:57 AM
Yeah and theres still a chance we can get artest back in the playoffs if that happends we are going to have to make alot of road victorys.

Suaveness
03-10-2005, 12:01 PM
I bet Detroit and Miami are licking their chops, hoping to play us. And honestly, they have good reason.

JOneal7
03-10-2005, 12:04 PM
you guys keep thinking that...we own miami...

ReggieMiller8325
03-10-2005, 12:05 PM
We can beat any team in nba because its the nba anything can happend look what happend to us.

Kstat
03-10-2005, 12:06 PM
Given the choice, I really wouldn't mind playing Indiana. The Pistons are familiar with Indy, and they have a comfort level against them.

But then again, I have the same level of confidence against any team in the NBA. If we lose, we lose, but I feel good about our chances vs. pretty much anyone.

Suaveness
03-10-2005, 12:07 PM
We can also lose to any team in the NBA....

Suaveness
03-10-2005, 12:07 PM
Given the choice, I really wouldn't mind playing Indiana. The Pistons are familiar with Indy, and they have a comfort level against them.

Whatever...you KNOW my Rodman can TAKE DOWN your big headed Rip :devil:

XXSASSXX31
03-10-2005, 12:10 PM

But then again, I have the same level of confidence against any team in the NBA. If we lose, we lose, but I feel good about our chances vs. pretty much anyone.

LOL look who pops up and makes a post, where did the popcorn go?

The Pistons fear a healthy Pacer team with Ron Artest. We are clearly a better team than them with our roster. Detroit just is not that good of a team and has had a very easy schedule. They continiously lose to the better teams in the league and once again, I would love to play Detroit in the first round because our heart will carry us to victory. Even if we lose in the 2nd round, beating Detroit as Jermaniac said in another thread would be like making the Finals in a season like this.

They may not have an "issue", but they would rather avoid us than to play us because we can beat or be highly competetive against any team in the Eastern Conference in the playoffs even without Ron Artest.

ReggieMiller8325
03-10-2005, 12:10 PM
yeah the celtics would so would the sixers and heat.We have the longest winning streak against a team in the regular season which is the heat its funny.

Suaveness
03-10-2005, 12:15 PM
I don't think any of the 7 teams above us in the playoff race would have any issue with getting to play us in the 1st round...

No, I don't think they would. For good reason

Harddrive7
03-10-2005, 12:54 PM
If the playoffs were to start today, with us as an 8th seed and if we had everyone back and healthy and we were to meet Detroit. We lose, period.

I just don't think that we can overcome everything that has happened and I think that it comes back to bite us.

ChicagoJ
03-10-2005, 12:56 PM
I heard that even the Pacers Digest All-star team is licking thier chops at the opportunity to play the Pacers in the first round.

Suaveness
03-10-2005, 01:09 PM
I heard that even the Pacers Digest All-star team is licking thier chops at the opportunity to play the Pacers in the first round.

Can I be PG??

JOneal7
03-10-2005, 01:24 PM
keep making jokes...they will shock all of you...mark it...

Harddrive7
03-10-2005, 01:25 PM
It's marked

Skaut_Ech
03-10-2005, 01:32 PM
Oh good grief!!

:sunshine::sunshine::sunshine::sunshine::sunshine: :sunshine:

:einstein:

:lol2:

:shakehead

efx
03-10-2005, 01:35 PM
I'm bookmarking this thread for a future "I told you so". All in good fun of course.

ReggieMiller8325
03-10-2005, 01:44 PM
we will all see when the pacers win the championship.

efx
03-10-2005, 01:45 PM
Yes we will. It just won't be this year :P

JOneal7
03-10-2005, 01:47 PM
we won't win the title...but neither will detroit or Miami....and I don't think they will win the eastern conf. either...
watch...

_PD_
03-10-2005, 02:44 PM
Well, let's see, we have Peck starting at power forward, UncleBuck at center, one of the reggies at shooting guard, naw both of 'em should start and Peck'll set picks for both of 'em as they crisscross the baseline, and the FreeArtest guy at small forward.

Did I leave anybody out? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

ChicagoJ
03-10-2005, 03:00 PM
At this stage, I'd rather have Doug Pietkowski-Hoiberg at SG.

And UB's too short to play C, and he'd just want to front the post, anyway. So as the arm-chair coach, let me just say we aren't going to play that style of defense.

Kstat
03-10-2005, 03:04 PM
At this stage, I'd rather have Doug Pietkowski-Hoiberg at SG.

And UB's too short to play C, and he'd just want to front the post, anyway. So as the arm-chair coach, let me just say we aren't going to play that style of defense.

As the head coach, you're going to play straight man, half-court trapping.

And if we're down, I'm going to go bobby Knight at halftime......

ChicagoJ
03-10-2005, 03:05 PM
As the head coach, you're going to play straight man, half-court trapping.

That's what I like to hear!!

Kstat
03-10-2005, 03:07 PM
I'm also going to institue the "3 passed before a shot" rule.

Not because I want to encourage teamwork, but because I want to bleed the shot clock and lessen posessions......

ChicagoJ
03-10-2005, 03:07 PM
Boo!!!!

Unclebuck
03-10-2005, 03:08 PM
If we play the Pistons, I vote to play our home games at any place other than Conseco. The Pistons own Conseco.

I'm scraed to death of the Celtics right now. No way I want to re-live the 2003 fiasco. Watching A. Walker celebrate has caused me post traumatic stress

Kstat
03-10-2005, 03:10 PM
Boo!!!!

And if Btown goes into the stands, he's on his own.....

Pistoner
03-10-2005, 03:11 PM
I would rather the Pistons play philly or orlando than indiana (if Tinsley and Oneal are 100%). That being said, I like the Pistons chances against anyone.

DisplacedKnick
03-10-2005, 04:02 PM
Well, let's see, we have Peck starting at power forward, UncleBuck at center, one of the reggies at shooting guard, naw both of 'em should start and Peck'll set picks for both of 'em as they crisscross the baseline, and the FreeArtest guy at small forward.

Did I leave anybody out? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I'll be the waterboy - as long as we have a keg. :cheers: :alcohol: :champagne

ChicagoJ
03-10-2005, 04:07 PM
Sorry, I was going to pencil you in as UB's replacement in the middle, but I forgot...

Diamond Dave
03-10-2005, 04:09 PM
See, he b*tches all the time about it. But in actuality Peck would be spend most of his games in street clothes nursing his nagging hunger pains with a snickers.

Skaut_Ech
03-10-2005, 04:41 PM
You haven't said who's going to be sitting on the bench wearing a suit in some kind of primary color, like Red or Yellow and wearing diamond studs in his ears so heavy they rest on his shoulders?

ChicagoJ
03-10-2005, 04:49 PM
Just in case Btown wasn't clear, a significant portion of zero is still zero.

grace
03-10-2005, 05:20 PM
I'll be the waterboy - as long as we have a keg. :cheers: :alcohol: :champagne

I was going to ask what position Kegboy would get. Then I was going to say he could be the waterboy, but you took my thunder. :(

I guess he could be the injured player. At least his wardrobe is better than John Edward's.

grace
03-10-2005, 05:24 PM
I forgot about the original point of this thread.

I think everyone pretty much wants to play us in the first round. Even the teams who don't have a prayer of reaching the playoffs wouldn't mind it. At least they'd be in the playoffs. As for the teams who actually will be in the playoffs why wouldn't they want to play us? Even if we put together 3 good games we're bound to start losing. It's just a fact of life this season.

Suaveness
03-10-2005, 05:30 PM
PFff....put me against Iverson...I'd drive the ball past him like nobody's business

Kstat
03-10-2005, 08:51 PM
PFff....put me against Iverson...I'd drive the ball past him like nobody's business

You and Peck are coming off the bench.

ABADays
03-10-2005, 10:07 PM
Shade . . . get in there!

PacerMan
03-10-2005, 10:15 PM

Right now I would think EVERY team would be hoping to play us in the first round.

(but that can change)

skyfire
03-10-2005, 10:23 PM
I cant see us beating the Pistons without our full roster on court and healthy.
We might beat the Heat with only 2 out of 3 (JO, Tins, Ron) but we'd have to get some luck, which in a season like this doesn't seem that likely.

PacersandIU
03-11-2005, 06:50 PM
I'll be the guy who sits back and watches you play your hearts out, hangs out with DisplacedKnick on the bench, and cashs in during the ring ceremony... :D

shags
03-11-2005, 06:59 PM
I'll be the guy who sits back and watches you play your hearts out, hangs out with DisplacedKnick on the bench, and cashs in during the ring ceremony... :D

That's the role I want. Make nearly half a million, great seats to the game, travel all over the country, screw the groupies along the way. Sounds good.

I'd like to play, but these darn back spasms.

JOneal7
03-11-2005, 07:54 PM
keep the faith! it's on now!
GO PACERS! :)