PDA

View Full Version : Players Homes

Harddrive7
03-09-2005, 12:58 PM
how many people here have actually seen the houses that the players live in? I'm just curious of how they look, what they look like inside. Do we have any construction people here? Electricians, Cable, Dish guys?

I'm also curious to where they live, my thinking is a majority of them live in Geist.

My self I've seen Reggie's house before it burned and i've been to Herb Williams house when he was here years ago. It was funny, he had this raggedy old rim without a net on this old beat up goal, yet had a beautiful redwood bench on the side.

efx
03-09-2005, 01:09 PM
My sister-in law and her family used to live in New Jersey. Once we had to drive through this very nice section of the state and we drove by Patrick Ewings newbuilt home.

It was frikking unbelievably huge but awesome. Quite a bit away from NYC but we all know Ewing doesn't mind travelling ;)

Harddrive7
03-09-2005, 01:20 PM
My sister-in law and her family used to live in New Jersey. Once we had to drive through this very nice section of the state and we drove by Patrick Ewings newbuilt home.

It was frikking unbelievably huge but awesome. Quite a bit away from NYC but we all know Ewing doesn't mind travelling ;)

:laugh:

ABADays
03-09-2005, 02:30 PM
I've never known anyone with a cool rib!!!! Well, maybe Adam.

Harddrive7
03-09-2005, 02:32 PM
Adam did have an awesome rib

MagicRat
03-09-2005, 02:32 PM
I miss Montgomery Inn.......

MagicRat
03-09-2005, 02:46 PM
I've seen Reggie's last 3 houses from the water. Used to see Reggie out on his boat quite a bit, but I don't think either of us are out as much as we used to be.

I'm guessing Austin lives somewhere around Geist, as I saw him in a Geist area restaurant with his wife and daughter one time.

When they showed Pollard on ch. 13 trick or treating I think it said it was in Carmel.

Other than that, I don't have any idea where any of them live.....

XXSASSXX31
03-09-2005, 03:18 PM
Dennis Rodman is in Newport Beach like 15-20 mins from me....same with Kobe Bryant and Karl Malone.

sweabs
03-09-2005, 03:25 PM
For any hockey fans, Gretzky grew up about 20 minutes away from where I live :blush:

I mean...err...GO PACERS!

ChicagoJ
03-09-2005, 03:42 PM
Not sure how useful these answers are, but:

Allegedly, Ricky Pierce had a house on the south side during his time with the Pacers. One of those regular $300k things, in a regular subdivision. He didn't have any trouble selling it after he was traded.

A former co-worker built a house across the street from Mark Boyle. He said Boyle and his wife always backed thier cars into the garage, which he thought was just hilarious.

One of my former coaches (who also teaches with my Dad and happend to be roomates with a certain guy initialed LJB at Indiana State) is a homebuilder on the south side. He swears that the enormous (and I mean, e-n-o-r-m-o-u-s) mansion being built down there is *not* Peyton Manning's, but nobody believes him.

When coaching the Pacers, Larry had one of the big houses on huge lots on Southport Road, between I-65 and Arlington Rd. I saw Eddie getting the mail out of the mailbox one day when I drove past. Those houses sit so far back off Southport that its hard to sense just how big they are.

Chuck and Reggie used to be next door neighbors on Geist. Back in the 1991 playoffs, there was a halftime feature that pictured Chuck's video room (even before "League Pass", he had large format satellite dishes and recorded every NBA game for 'scouting' purposes) and Reggie's pool room. Nice. To the best of my knowledge, Chuck never sold that house after he was traded as he spent his summers (and the season he was crippled after the airplane accident) in Indy.

RWB
03-09-2005, 03:52 PM
You're all telling lies and you know it. This is Indiana where everyone lives in a double wide.

ChicagoJ
03-09-2005, 04:42 PM
Yeah, and I've even heard who it really belongs to, but I forget now.

indygeezer
03-09-2005, 04:44 PM
I heard it was HArdrive7's new crib. AV people being paid so cussed much around here.

MagicRat
03-09-2005, 04:47 PM
I heard it was HArdrive7's new crib. AV people being paid so cussed much around here.

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/us/fi/03rd/down_r.gif 1.14 ........:mad:

indygeezer
03-09-2005, 04:51 PM
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/us/fi/03rd/down_r.gif 1.14 ........:mad:

???????????????/

Sorry...no comprendo.

MagicRat
03-09-2005, 04:53 PM
???????????????/

Sorry...no comprendo.

The rumor on the street was that a stock I own was down $1.14 on rumors of huge crib building AV guys.......

kolko
03-09-2005, 04:53 PM
Spurs houses:

http://216.173.232.173/hc/?team=1

Zip code: 78219

Mavs houses:

http://216.173.232.173/hc/?team=2

Zip code: 75201

Rockets houses:

http://216.173.232.173/hc/?team=3

Zip code: 77029

Bucks houses:

http://216.173.232.173/hc/?team=4

Zip code: 53201

purdue101
03-09-2005, 05:30 PM
Larry Bird lives in a gated community by Lake Clearwater just off 86th Street.

I have heard J.O lives in Carmel, along with Pollard and Foster. Harrington used to live there too.

I think Artest lives NorthWest of Indy near Zionsville in an ordinary subdivision.

Peyton lives in one of those old mansions on Meridian St just north of downtown. I have heard it's only 1-2 million which is pretty modest for the jack he is making.

MagicRat
03-09-2005, 05:40 PM
Nope, not where he lives. I've by his house.

You bought his house? Man, I should've charged you double for those tickets......:mad:

beast23
03-09-2005, 06:35 PM
Croshere lives in Jalen's old house on Geist. It's on Sea Star, just off of Fall Creek. Croshere is a very "normal" guy on the lake, and he and his wife are very sociable whenever they stop into the gas dock or pull into Bella Vita for a snack. With his money, you'd think he'd be cruising in a high end boat like the Cobalt Jalen used to cruise in. But Austin prefers to lounge around on an ordinary pontoon boat.

Reggie used to live in a house on Feather Cove at Geist, and now lives at the far north end of the lake, beyond the Olio Road ramp. The water in that area is barely navigable, so offers a lot of privacy.

When Reggie was married and living in the home on Feather Cove, he and Marita used to clown around a lot on their Waverrunners with a lot of the kids on the lake. Later, as their privacy was infringed upon more and more, Reggie became more much more private. For example, one of his favorite restaurants was Bella Vita, but he would wait until after closing to go there. Sometimes he would clown around and try to put on a disguise to see if he could pick up his carry out without being recognized.

Lnjcarp
03-09-2005, 09:45 PM
I can also vouch for where Croshere lives in Masthead. I see him up at Bela Vita quite a bit. Another intresting tibbit, I work at a real estate office that is most likely going to list the Hilbert Mansion and one of the people that has shown intrest in the home is JO.

XXSASSXX31
03-09-2005, 09:55 PM
Larry Bird lives in a gated community by Lake Clearwater just off 86th Street.

I have heard J.O lives in Carmel, along with Pollard and Foster. Harrington used to live there too.

I think Artest lives NorthWest of Indy near Zionsville in an ordinary subdivision.

Peyton lives in one of those old mansions on Meridian St just north of downtown. I have heard it's only 1-2 million which is pretty modest for the jack he is making.

Ronnie has said he doesn't care about "luxuries". That is how he always has been, even when it comes to his cars and things like laptops with missing keys.

BigMac
03-09-2005, 10:39 PM
Not sure how useful these answers are, but:

When coaching the Pacers, Larry had one of the big houses on huge lots on Southport Road, between I-65 and Arlington Rd. I saw Eddie getting the mail out of the mailbox one day when I drove past. Those houses sit so far back off Southport that its hard to sense just how big they are.

Actually, Larry lived in Carmel when he was coaching the Pacers(he may have purchased a home for Eddie or some other family but he definitely did not live there). Since he doesn't live there any more, I guess I can say the street. He lived on Copperwood just off of Spring Mill (I had a friend who lived in the same neighborhood) and now Larry lives in Indy. My old boss lives on the same street from him right now. A nice home but very unassuming. It is in a gated community above. And I'm not going to say the location but it is far North side Indy. He lives well but not unrealistic. It's a nice neighborhood (Larry's is definitely larger, more amenities, etc. but still smaller than one would expect with a person of his stature/wealth). A certain professional QB who plays locally and throws a lot of TD's lives off of Meridian in Williams Creek. I worked on Artest's first mortgage for his first house in Carmel (actually I did it myself but...) but I understand he lives in Zionsville now. Jermaine, before he built his new home in Carmel, lived in a condo on the corner of Meridian and 86th St. Bender lives in Carmel, used to live in the same condo that Jermaine did and left soon after he got one or more of his cars stolen from inside the undeground garage at the condominium. Of course Bender had his house in Carmel broken into a few years ago and for a reason I cannot remember, it made big headlines. Of course most know of Reggie's house in Geist and I think Jalen Rose has not sold his home in Geist as of yet and I read above that Croshere lives there and most likely purchased it from Jalen based on that. Antonio purchased a dream home after he signed his first big contract with us (his 2nd contract with the Pacers) and Al lived there with him most or all of his rookie year. Al purchased a home for his parents shortly thereafter for his Mom/(I think Dad, too) with his brother Harvey who played basketball at North Central. He had his own home in Carmel. Don't know if he still owns it. But if someone still lives there I don't want to give out locations as I am not a stalker but I have some friends in high places (so to speak).

BigMac
03-09-2005, 10:51 PM
I miss Montgomery Inn.......

Kroger sometimes sells the sauce for $1/bottle on sale. Marsh and Kroger always have it.

If you really miss Montgomery Inn, drive the 2 hrs. to Montgomery, OH and eat at the original. It's worth the drive. Bob Hope used to have the Ribs flown to him many times a year because he loved them. Flown from Ohio to Florida. Others have been known to do it as well. I think there is a Mont. Inn in Cincy, too but I'm not sure.

If you haven't been to the one in Montgomery, you are missing out. It's cool because most of the staff has been there 20-30 years and are very friendly and tell wondeful stories. Also, I do not think that they take reservations so get there early or be prepared for a long wait. Service is the best I've ever had at a rib joint.

BigMac
03-09-2005, 11:06 PM
Actually, off College. If you want to get there directly.

:ninja:

Williams Creek goes from Meridian to College.It's all perspective and I think yours sucks. But that's just my opinion. A good one but I must take credit for that opinion.

And please do not correct me when I am not incorrect. It may be closer to College but when I think of Williams Creek (I grew on Meridian Street right there) I think of Meridian Street, not College. When I think College, I think of the Blind School and Broad Ripple. Hope that didn't **** you off too much but I hate being corrected by smart a$$ college kids who think they know everything, experienced everything when it's exactly the opposite. And, Btown, you don't know everything and haven't experienced everything-yet. I thought I had at your age I learned as I got older. Maybe a bit of wisdom that may help you in the future. Maybe not. But it is a good opportunity to try and see it from the other side. Not that big of a deal but I do not like being corrected unless I am wrong. Just a particular personal vexation. Maybe you, as an Administrator, should show the posters of this forum more respect. You don't always have to get in the last word to feel that you matter more than you actually do. Strong words, I know, but I've watched this from you continually for a long time. And it just hit me the wrong way tonight.

Cheers

BigMac
03-09-2005, 11:27 PM
Whoa whoa whoa.

I wasn't being smart-*** or sarcastic.

I live very close to him.

And have made deliveries to his house during one of my crappy summer jobs.

As for the rest of it, sorry you took that so personally. I would have been more than happy to address all that in a PM. But good lord do you have a warped, incorrect opinion of me.

It may have been too harsh but as a person gets older, he doesn't appreciate being corrected when he is not incorrect. I appreciate that you know where it is but I hope you can appreciate the other view point. My opinion is just that, opinion. I think that there is too much correcting going on on minor b.s. here. It's not that big of a deal. Don't worry about it. But keep it in the back of your mind for future reference. Seriously. Don't worry about it. I apologize for the smart a$$ comment but I gotta tell ya, it did pi$$ me off. Enough said. Let's go to our separate corners.

3ptmiller
03-09-2005, 11:34 PM
It may have been too harsh but as a person gets older, he doesn't appreciate being corrected when he is not incorrect.

Thats the best thing ive read so fare in this thread... i know exactly what you mean, and that is happening to me all the time in here

BigMac
03-09-2005, 11:51 PM
Thats the best thing ive read so fare in this thread... i know exactly what you mean, and that is happening to me all the time in here

Thanks but I went off on Btown when I was really pissed at my 15 year old for doing the same gosh darned thing. But if you look back at my original post on this thread, I did the same gosh darned thing to Jay-someone who I really respect and is most likely my favorite poster here. I'm as guilty as anyone else.

Apologies to B'town and Jay.

Harddrive7
03-10-2005, 07:06 AM

You're the one that has the parking place right at the front door when I have to walk a mile. I think we all know who makes the big bucks around here.

ChicagoJ
03-10-2005, 09:54 AM
Actually, Larry lived in Carmel when he was coaching the Pacers(he may have purchased a home for Eddie or some other family but he definitely did not live there).

Now that you mention it... I think when I first heard Larry had the house on Southport, I was told he had more than one house in Indy.

Probably a legit explanation.

Those houses are nice, but not "mansions."

Harddrive7
03-10-2005, 10:01 AM
Now that you mention it... I think when I first heard Larry had the house on Southport, I was told he had more than one house in Indy.

Probably a legit explanation.

Those houses are nice, but not "mansions."

So that why our property taxes are so friggin' high in that area. :laugh:

I had no idea that I lived down the street from Bird, or at least one of his houses.

grace
03-10-2005, 06:03 PM
I've been in Greg Ostertag's father-in-law's house. Does that count? Actually I think it might only have been the pool house, but I know Kegboy's been in the main house. He used to be friends with Greg's brothers-in-law.

Yes, I'm dropping names. Did I mention that the brother we never talk about used to play basketball with Kevin Pritchard?

SycamoreKen
03-10-2005, 10:27 PM
Thanks but I went off on Btown when I was really pissed at my 15 year old for doing the same gosh darned thing. But if you look back at my original post on this thread, I did the same gosh darned thing to Jay-someone who I really respect and is most likely my favorite poster here. I'm as guilty as anyone else.

Apologies to B'town and Jay.

I think your over reaction to being corrected needs to be set straight!

:zip: