PDA

View Full Version : SI PLAYER POLL Shows Artest Best Defender in NBA

XXSASSXX31
03-09-2005, 03:58 AM
I took this from indystar.com forums:

"Don't know how many of you have seen the March 7th SI, but the SI Players Poll they have this month on who is the best defensive player in the NBA.

Ron Artest 34%
Ben Wallace 18%
Bruce Bowen 15%
Kevin Garnett 8%

41% of shooting guards and small forwards picked Artest
26% of centers chose Wallace"

The players supposedly voted on this...what does everyone think?!?! Just imagine if Ron played....no question he makes our defense into one of the best 2-3 in the league, without him our defense is just pretty soft.

Will Galen
03-09-2005, 03:22 PM
I think if we would happen to get Ron back we would have a shut down defence. The best in the league! Someone else posted this line up finishing games.

JO
Ron
Dale
Steven
Fred

That Lineup not only can play defence it has some offence too.

Now if Ron would only be reinstated!

Shoot!

XXSASSXX31
03-09-2005, 03:24 PM
I think if we would happen to get Ron back we would have a shut down defence. The best in the league! Someone else posted this line up finishing games.

JO
Ron
Dale
Steven
Fred

That Lineup not only can play defence it has some offence too.

Now if Ron would only be reinstated!

Shoot!

Exactly, Ron makes that much of a difference because most teams have one primary offensive threat which Ron takes care of by shutting the player down or containing him.

XXSASSXX31
03-09-2005, 03:45 PM
Exactly, Ron makes that much of a difference because most teams have one primary offensive threat which Ron takes care of by shutting the player down or containing him.

No one has really commented on this...this is a players poll and i'm interested in hearing what everyone has to say. This poll enough shows the players in the NBA have respect for Ron.

Stryder
03-09-2005, 05:04 PM
No one has really commented on this...this is a players poll and i'm interested in hearing what everyone has to say. This poll enough shows the players in the NBA have respect for Ron.

Yes, it does show that the players (who were polled) have respect for Artest's game.

BUT...

That does not mean that they respect him or his antics on the court, i.e. behavior...

Los Angeles
03-09-2005, 05:09 PM
In fairness to Ron, he hasn't had a point scored on him by any NBA player in over 3 months...
Man, that's funny. :D

Los Angeles
03-09-2005, 05:11 PM
In honor of our 1,000,000th Ron Artest thread, I'm going back to my old avatar.

<----

efx
03-09-2005, 05:19 PM
Yes, it does show that the players (who were polled) have respect for Artest's game.

BUT...

That does not mean that they respect him or his antics on the court, i.e. behavior...

But you forget, it's never Artest fault. He's just acting like everyone else would :rolleyes:

XXSASSXX31
03-09-2005, 05:25 PM
But you forget, it's never Artest fault. He's just acting like everyone else would :rolleyes:

Well several players including Tim Duncan, Shaquille O'Neal, Latrell Sprewell, and several other NBA Players have said in the heat of the moment they would have acted like Ron did on 11/19 because an event like that had never happened before. I just don't remember the other NBA Players but there were Superstars among them that said they would have acted the same way, I just don't want to say something wrong without knowing which other specific players.

Kstat
03-09-2005, 05:25 PM

maybe they all ride together.

XXSASSXX31
03-09-2005, 05:26 PM
maybe they all ride together.

Wow what an intelligent comment. I am starting to think that's KSTAT's catch phrase :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

shags
03-09-2005, 06:04 PM
In fairness to Ron, he hasn't had a point scored on him by any NBA player in over 3 months...

LOL. That's classic.

Will Galen
03-09-2005, 06:42 PM

That's not true. He practices with NBA players.

Now if you want to restate that statement . . .

3Ball
03-09-2005, 08:16 PM
Wow, if I saw Tim Duncan do something like that, I would seel all of my worldly possessions in preparation for the coming apocalypse.

XXSASSXX31
03-09-2005, 09:03 PM
http://members.aol.com/bahkam/pacers/rondefense

XXSASSXX31
03-09-2005, 09:13 PM
Here's one of Ron taken during any of the last 51 games:

http://www.geocities.com/sister_havana_24/artest.jpg

Hee hee.

The picture is back in 2000 right? I am assuming because of the shirt.

XXSASSXX31
03-09-2005, 09:16 PM
Dunno. Got it by Googling.

That's how I got the clap too, though.

:grumble:

:zip:

We should make a thread dedicated to Ron Artest with pictures of him....I am going to look through what I have.

shags
03-09-2005, 09:24 PM
Here's one of Ron taken during any of the last 51 games:

http://www.geocities.com/sister_havana_24/artest.jpg

Hee hee.

I should have got a picture of him at the HS basketball game I went to Friday.

Not even Ron Artest could get a ticket to the Lawrence North - Arlington game.