PDA

View Full Version : Heat or Pistons?

Shade
03-08-2005, 10:44 PM
Time is running out on the regular season, and with JO and Tins out indefinitely, not to mention Ron, the Pacers are unlikely to move up much in the standings. If the Pacers get into the playoffs, would you rather it be as the #7 (vs. Detroit) or #8 seed (vs. Miami)?

Shade
03-08-2005, 10:46 PM
I'd rather get a lottery pick.

Not an option. :tongue:

efx
03-09-2005, 01:40 AM
The Heat. I think there's too much emotional baggage playing Detroit this year and at least we've beaten Miami twice this year if I'm not mistaken.

Bball
03-09-2005, 01:55 AM
Detroit...

We don't need another nemesis to have to overly concern ourselves with. Miami is what it is. Detroit has already shown they can knock us out of the playoffs. I'm sure Miami should do the same. If we meet Miami and lose that just means we instantly have another mental hurdle to get past. Let's not put too much on our plate for next year.

-Bball

grace
03-09-2005, 10:18 AM
Miami.

If we're gonna lose, I'd rather lose to Miami.

Unclebuck
03-09-2005, 10:38 AM
Interesting question. I guess I would rather play the Pistons. The reward is much greater should the Pacers win. If they did win that series that to me would feel almost like an Eastern conference championship.

How great would that really be, think about it. especially if the pacers win the deciding game at the Palace by about 15 points

ChicagoJ
03-09-2005, 10:57 AM
If you're not going to win it all, I'd rather play the champs and learn from the experience.

But the real question is, "last year's" champs, or "this year's" champs?

I guess - now that I've started to type a response - I really don't care.

Sorry for wasting everyone's time with this post.

:-p

_PD_
03-09-2005, 11:26 AM
I'm still hoping to gather in the magic and bulls to play the celtics in the first round. The heat and pisstons are just too overwhelming for me to consider. I guess I fall into the celtics or lottery camp.

I don't care if we beat the heat in 2 games, we need a very healthy team to outlast them in a 7 game series. As I recall, it was a 4-2 series last year before they got Shaq. And without Artest, we have no chance against the pisstons.

:(

Indyfan
03-09-2005, 05:21 PM
This reminds me of the choice between the Pistons and the Lakers in the finals last year! The only difference is that Shaq is in Miami and thankfully there isn't anyway we'll be faced with a Pistons-Lakers finals this year!

I hope for Miami, if we are going to lose to someone I'd rather it be anyone but Detroit! Also Miami is one injury to away from being beatable, they are young (except Shaq) and they don't have a lot of experience or depth so we may have a better chance against them.

If we are healthy and get Artest back then give us Detroit, I would love to have a chance at them in that case. But if not it would be more demoralizing to lose to Detroit esp. after the brawl and all we have suffered already!

Los Angeles
03-09-2005, 05:31 PM
The Pistons.

The Pistons.

The Pistons.

The Pistons.

We need to exorcize this demon - and the sooner we start, the sooner it will be water under the bridge. I'm sick of hearing about the "rivalry." The only good rivalries are the ones where two healthy, top teams go at it. Since we've lost so much this season, all the rivalry talk carries the air of a bunch of middle school posturing. It's sad and pathetic and laughable, really.

Let's show some courage and face the former champions on their turf. And - if it must come to this - go down swinging.

(But not swinging at fans :zip: )

:)

waxman
03-09-2005, 05:32 PM
Pusstons.

JOneal7
03-09-2005, 11:50 PM
I want Miami...then I want detroit in round 2....
I think we got a shot vs Miami...I Really do...

Shade
03-10-2005, 12:36 AM
If we can't win the title, the best consolation prize would be to knock out Detroit. ;)

3ptmiller
03-10-2005, 12:38 AM
Time is running out on the regular season, and with JO and Tins out indefinitely, not to mention Ron, the Pacers are unlikely to move up much in the standings. If the Pacers get into the playoffs, would you rather it be as the #7 (vs. Detroit) or #8 seed (vs. Miami)?

I would rather like it #7 (vs. Detroit)... its payback time i think ;)

canyoufeelit
03-10-2005, 12:40 AM
We're not winning a damn thing this year. Make it the Heat so at least we can go out mercifully.

XXSASSXX31
03-10-2005, 12:42 AM
If we play Detroit...our hearts will win the series for us....even if we don't have Ron, I don't mind beating Detroit and losing in the 2nd round. Detroit isn't that good of a team.

Jermaniac
03-10-2005, 12:46 AM
I would want the Pistons, knocking their *** out of the playoffs would almost feel like making it to the finals and if we lose in the second round at least we can say we beat the ex-world champs.

BigMac
03-10-2005, 01:07 AM
I'd rather play the Pistons. If we play them, we're expected to get beat up and beat up good.

We would have nothing to lose and be able to play, as Reggie would say, Loosie Goosie. Better chance with that. Especially with DD to defend Ben Afro. Or maybe it will be Ben Cornrow?

indytoad
03-10-2005, 01:08 AM
Lottery pick!

:rant:

I dunno, I think I'd rather make the playoffs and get the 15th pick than miss the playoffs and get the 14th.

Or whatever number the picks would be, I don't remember. In any case, there wouldn't be much difference.

IndyToad
Pumped full of cheddar

ChicagoJ
03-10-2005, 11:27 AM
I dunno, I think I'd rather make the playoffs and get the 15th pick than miss the playoffs and get the 14th.

Or whatever number the picks would be, I don't remember. In any case, there wouldn't be much difference.

IndyToad
Pumped full of cheddar

Any additional playoff experience we can get for Fred, Tinsley, Harrison, James Jones, etc. is a bonus.

I don't want to miss the playoffs. With the ping-pong balls, you've got a slim-and-none chance to get into the top three or you're still picking 14th. Not worth it. And you know, Stern will put some sand into our ping-pong balls so that they are stuck on the bottom.