PDA

View Full Version : Starting at C

Hicks
03-08-2005, 07:01 PM
Even after only two games it seems clear to me Dale is our best bigman right now. I think he would compliment JO well and should start the rest of the season.

Suaveness
03-08-2005, 07:10 PM
Foster. I think he is the best big man on this team, and he compliments JO well.

Hicks
03-08-2005, 07:12 PM
What does Jeff do that Dale doesn't, aside from jump? (which really, since his back problems he doesn't). To me their offensive games are equal (non existant) and Dale is tougher and more experienced at rebounding and defense.

XXSASSXX31
03-08-2005, 07:13 PM
What does Jeff do that Dale doesn't, aside from jump? (which really, since his back problems he doesn't). To me their offensive games are equal (non existant) and Dale is tougher and more experienced at rebounding and defense.

I just think Dale Davis can bring muscle to our bench making our bench stronger. I love Harrison but he really does not know how to handle the ball to well and he needs to develop better skills in the offseason. I wouldn't mind Dale Davis and J.O. getting the crunch minutes together down the stretch though.

SoupIsGood
03-08-2005, 07:19 PM
Let the Big Kid play

Jose Slaughter
03-08-2005, 07:44 PM
I'd start Davis for the sole reason he seems to play with a bigger chip on his shoulder than Foster.

I'd rather have the enforcer out there to set the tone at the start of the game. Bring Foster off the bench to crash the boards against the other teams second unit.

I'm a big fan of Harrison but I think he will see limited minutes from here on out. Harrison will learn more in practice than he will learn in game action over the next 6 weeks away.

Unclebuck
03-08-2005, 07:50 PM
I don't know, I would not have any problem if either Jeff or Dale started. As long as Cro, Pollard or DH don't start, I can live with it.

Hoop
03-08-2005, 07:52 PM
Jeff

Lord Helmet
03-08-2005, 08:02 PM
I think Dale should. This is by no means a knock to the Fiesty One, I love the Fiesty One. But, I think that Dale can bring a bit better D than Jeff can bring. And I think we all want to see #7 and #32 starting together.

_PD_
03-08-2005, 08:46 PM
I don't know why we never do this. Perhaps it has something to do with the Iverson "I'm a starter" mentality. Put DD in the game with JO to provide toughness and rebounding without taking away from JO's scoring. Then when the subs come in, bring in Jeff with his 10ppg and let him be a legit scoring threat inside. We get more D against their starters and more scoring against their subs.