PDA

View Full Version : Montieth Answers Your Questions 3/8/05

Ragnar
03-08-2005, 02:50 PM
Wow he actually answered my question about Reggie.

ChicagoJ
03-08-2005, 02:52 PM
Question: Ron Artest has been practicing with the team for awhile now and according to reports has been an asset to the team in practice. Any reports on what the Pacers or Ron have been doing in his off time to work on his emotional issues? (Chris from Neenah, Wis.)

Answer: I don't know any specifics. I only know that he's met with people in other cities. I would assume it falls into the category of anger management. It's difficult to get information because Ron is working with a P.R. agency out of Tennessee and they are not making him available for interviews. They, rather than the Pacers, are currently in charge of his media relations.

I've talked with him a couple of times informally, but that makes a lot of people uncomfortable -- including him, because he knows he's not supposed to be doing interviews.

Now that sounds screwy...

:whoknows:

Ragnar
03-08-2005, 02:59 PM
Now that sounds screwy...

:whoknows:

Yes yes it does.

*Edit

Unless Larry told him he was gone as soon as he could trade him.

_PD_
03-08-2005, 03:31 PM
Why is this screwy, guys?
That they won't let him have interviews or that he's using a PR firm?

He obviously needs professional guidance with PR. The guy's a walking cluster fork. I'm not in this area, but it seems reasonable to me that they might want him to keep his mouth shut until the proper time and then have control over who he talks to and about what.

What am I missing?

ChicagoJ
03-08-2005, 03:38 PM
As far as I know, the teams are always in charge of the media relations for their players.

They have PR firms working directly for them. That mechanism was already in place.

Why isn't the Pacers' PR firm doing this?

Did they tell him to find his own PR firm?

Or is this like his medical history - he had his personal physician, not the Pacers' team physician, perform his thumb surgery last season, and with Ron's maverick reputation that at least begs the question of "Why?" IOW, did Ron (once again) tell the Pacers in effect, "I don't need your advice, I'm going to keep doing it my way."

Alabama-Redneck
03-08-2005, 03:49 PM
Image, Image, Image.

Ron has a bad habit of saying the wrong thing during an interview. I'm sure he is being tutored on what to say and the best thing right now is to not give interviews at all.

I'm sure the Pacers are behind this and are attempting to repair Ron's image.

:cool:

Ragnar
03-08-2005, 03:52 PM
Maybe part of the suspension is not being able to receive any Pacer provided benefit. That could include the PR firm.

I am just throwing ideas out there this is purely wild speculation on my part.

ChicagoJ
03-08-2005, 03:58 PM
Image, Image, Image.

Ron has a bad habit of saying the wrong thing during an interview. I'm sure he is being tutored on what to say and the best thing right now is to not give interviews at all.

I'm sure the Pacers are behind this and are attempting to repair Ron's image.

:cool:

I think I agree, but they've already got PR firms at their disposal for this.

Perhaps the firm in Tennessee is one of them, but that still seems odd.

_PD_
03-08-2005, 04:07 PM
Thanks guys for clearing that up. Yeah, it sounds screwy to me too. OTOH you know Ron could use some extra PR, but I doubt any other firm would know more about nba PR than the Pacer's firm, but then maybe this TN firm also has nba clients. Let's not overlook that maybe Ron feels he needs someone solely on HIS side. This would be sort of like using the Pacer attorneys instead of your own.

I remember once having to sign an employment contract and no one was allowed to leave without having it signed unless they wanted to quit. Someone mentioned having a lawyer look it over and the owner of the company said, "Well, our lawyer's right here, you can ask him anything."
kakaakakakakaak
oh yeah, I forgot, PLICKS!!!

Manuel
03-08-2005, 04:51 PM
Ragnar, I should probably put this in the "Reggie has kids?" thread. But, I'm pretty sure that when Reggie said he'd like to spend more time with his kids, he meant with the burned victims that he dedicates time to.