PDA

View Full Version : If you could only have one player...

Peck
03-07-2005, 08:09 PM
back right now with the team & the other two were lost for the season who would you take back.

1. Ron Artest
2. Jermaine O'Neal
3. Jamall Tinsley

Be honest.

SjA3837
03-07-2005, 08:11 PM
J...ron Artest

jbx225
03-07-2005, 08:15 PM
Ron Artest, because I know what it has been like with the other two and judging by our current record we need something and nothing has happened when the other two have been playing.

Jermaniac
03-07-2005, 08:22 PM
Ron, we saw what JO did leading the team with out Ron, I would want to see how Ron lead the team with out JO.

Spicoli
03-07-2005, 08:28 PM
Jo

Ragnar
03-07-2005, 08:29 PM
Tinsley (assuming that he would be healthy for the rest of the year) If not then Jermaine.

Will Galen
03-07-2005, 08:31 PM
Well, without those three we are not going to win a championship so I would like to see Ron back in uniform.

NotLosingButWinning
03-07-2005, 08:32 PM
j.o.
artest
tinsley

just don't think artest can carry a team offensively like j.o. can. really i would just like to see what this team can do with the starting lineup we were supposed to see.

Unclebuck
03-07-2005, 08:44 PM
Let me think about this.

Artest for entertainment value alone

skyfire
03-07-2005, 08:50 PM
If the other two are lost for the season, then I think it would be pretty safe to say that you could stick a fork in the team. Based upon that i'd want Ronnie as the earlier he comes back, the earlier the heckling of opposing fans will diminish. I'd prefer to be able to start next season without all of that crap weighing us down.

If I could have that player back and know they would be injury free forever and ever*, i'd take Tins because we need this guy healthy in the playoffs if we are to progress in the future.

*wishful thinking to the max

if this question were, which one of those 3 would win us the largest % of the remaining games this regular season, I think I'd go...

1. Ronnie
2. Tins
3. JO

I think the stand around and watch JO in the post, puts up huge numbers for JO but wears him down waay to quickly, there is no point in doing something so unsustainable for the remainder, plus other teams can focus their defense upon JO which diminishes his effectiveness. The same applies for Tins regarding when he has to carry the team it wears him down noticably.

We would need all 3 of those guys to make a title push, but I think Ronnie would help us win the most of the remaining games if you could only have one of them.

PaceBalls
03-07-2005, 09:09 PM
JO, while Ron is almost as good IMO. JO is the guy ya build around, which they did.

PacerMan
03-07-2005, 09:18 PM
Ron, we saw what JO did leading the team with out Ron, I would want to see how Ron lead the team with out JO.

No way are the Pacers better with Ron and no Jermaine.
No way.

Suaveness
03-07-2005, 09:43 PM
Ronnie

Miller_time04
03-07-2005, 09:44 PM
Artest without a doubt.

ChicagoJ
03-07-2005, 10:17 PM
I'd generally say JO, but this season is clearly proving how important

JAMAAL

is to the Pacers

Kegboy
03-07-2005, 10:22 PM
Well, let's see. According to popular board opinion, as I read it:

-Since Peck's savior has come to town, and we have a better record without him, we don't need JO anymore.

-And since Fred is revolutionizing the point guard position, we don't need Tinsley either.

-Reggie in no way, shape or form should be starting, even if the alternative is a turnip.

Therfore, the choice has to be Ron.

:tongue:

abington
03-07-2005, 11:06 PM
I think that JO would have to be 3rd. It's almost unbelievable to write that but this year has shown that we are worse with JO and no Jamal then Jamal and no JO. And you figure Artest would do a better job of willing us to victory, thus

1. Tinsley
1b. Artest
3. O'Neal

NotLosingButWinning
03-07-2005, 11:08 PM
artest forces up more shots than j.o. and he tries to do way too much. being the main focus of the offense would just magnify these qualities.

sweabs
03-08-2005, 12:35 AM
No question - Artest. No question at all. No one else in the league brings more to the table. And damn, do I ever miss watching him play.

tora tora
03-08-2005, 12:55 AM
Jamaal Tinsley, he makes everyone on the team better. :fro:

Ultimate Frisbee
03-08-2005, 01:35 AM
Artest... He's healthy but can't play...

SoupIsGood
03-08-2005, 05:31 PM
I don't want any of them back more than I want Harrison back as a starter.

I should have kept the recording of the first several post-brawl games. I miss watching Harrison get extended minutes.

XXSASSXX31
03-08-2005, 05:33 PM
Ron Artest so we can really see what great of a player he is and for his importance to this team...plus I think he can lead us to as many wins as J.O. did. I think J.O. and Ron are equally important to this team and we have 2 Superstars.

3ptmiller
03-08-2005, 06:52 PM

:iagree:

Suaveness
03-08-2005, 06:55 PM
Having said Ron, I DO think that this team would be better with JO and no Ron than the other way around. There woudl be no post game. Yes there would be less standing around with Ron, but JO is just too good. But I'd still rather have Ron. I just miss him too much.

Suaveness
03-08-2005, 06:59 PM
Less standing around with Ron? At least JO dominates the ball in the context of the offense....

:zip:

Well Ron doesn't take his time back into the post, while the 4 other people just watch. Because Ron isnt a post player, others will be moving around, trying to get open or rebounds

Suaveness
03-08-2005, 07:08 PM
They'll be moving around all right.

They'll be running back on defense after his 34 footer attempt with 21 seconds left on the shot clock.

Ziiiiiiiiiing.

:stretch:

That was one play :-p

He does drive the lane well, which is more than most people do on this team

XXSASSXX31
03-08-2005, 07:15 PM
Well Ron doesn't take his time back into the post, while the 4 other people just watch. Because Ron isnt a post player, others will be moving around, trying to get open or rebounds

Ron is actually a very good post player for his position and utilizes the post very well.

PacersFan
03-08-2005, 09:15 PM
Let's put this in perspective guys. Some people on this board are putting our MVP candidate from last year as the third most important person on our team. And we are having a hard time putting them in any type of order. Maybe that means we just are better as a team, and we really are not bulit around one guy. Jermaine had really been doing it out of necessity those last few games. These losses are not just because we haven't had that one person or two people on the team, it's because we need all of them to function properly.

Tinsley gives us direction, Ron gives us energy, and Jermaine gives us power.

We need all these to be the team we were. And it's hard to put an order to this because they all are so equally important to us.

MagicRat
03-08-2005, 09:36 PM
Jamaal........