PDA

View Full Version : The best 1 on 1 player?

3ptmiller
03-07-2005, 07:16 PM
Im interested in Who you think will win of all the players today if it was a 1 on 1 tournament (the first one to score 21 points).

I vote for Kobe! he can shoot, he is quick like ****, he can dribble of just Anybody in this planet and there is almost nobody who can guard him...

MSA2CF
03-07-2005, 07:22 PM
I think Blackjack would win.

Slick Pinkham
03-07-2005, 07:26 PM
TMac.

size, speed, handle, variety of shots.

SjA3837
03-07-2005, 07:34 PM
TMac or Garnette

Jermaniac
03-07-2005, 07:40 PM
KG would win it

skyfire
03-07-2005, 07:46 PM
This thread needs abit of homerism...

I think if you matched all of the people suggested in this thread 1on1 round robin the player with the most wins, I think Ron Artest could do it. Can defend big and small players and has a varied offensive game.

SjA3837
03-07-2005, 07:51 PM
This thread needs abit of homerism...

I think if you matched all of the people suggested in this thread 1on1 round robin the player with the most wins, I think Ron Artest could do it. Can defend big and small players and has a varied offensive game.
I honestly would say that, But I think KG could do the same thing... but be able to block more shots.

skyfire
03-07-2005, 07:57 PM
KG v Ronnie 1 on 1, :drool:

winners team returns to last seasons form

3ptmiller
03-07-2005, 08:04 PM
Alrighty then.. KG is the winner? :)

3ptmiller
03-07-2005, 08:07 PM
I was thinking about Earl Boykins or AI... his speed @ 500 mph and ballhandling would maybe help him alot against KG, just run past him for layups.. but then Boykins cant guard him either? hehe so it would be a tie

ReggieMiller8325
03-07-2005, 08:33 PM
I would take nowitski or Reggie Miller.These two can just simpply shoot over you shooters can dominate one on ones easly like ray allen to.Reggie Miller can beat any player one one it just depends who gets the ball first thats it if Reggie dose he can own kg by just shooting over him if he can,t he would just simply run by Kg i don't want debates that kgs faster than miller please.

skyfire
03-07-2005, 08:38 PM
I would take nowitski or Reggie Miller.These two can just simpply shoot over you shooters can dominate one on ones easly like ray allen to.Reggie Miller can beat any player one one it just depends who gets the ball first thats it if Reggie dose he can own kg by just shooting over him if he can,t he would just simply run by Kg i don't want debates that kgs faster than miller please.

ahahahahahaomgroflcopter

RM8325 : what was reggie's fg% against LA yesterday?

despite the fact that KG is ~6' taller than Reggie, 11 years younger than Reggie, a pretty good perimeter defender for his size and there would be no screens for reggie to run off in a 1on1 game you still think Reggie could beat KG, by shooting over him.

Jermaniac
03-07-2005, 08:43 PM
I would take nowitski or Reggie Miller.These two can just simpply shoot over you shooters can dominate one on ones easly like ray allen to.Reggie Miller can beat any player one one it just depends who gets the ball first thats it if Reggie dose he can own kg by just shooting over him if he can,t he would just simply run by Kg i don't want debates that kgs faster than miller please. Are you ****ing serious?

efx
03-07-2005, 08:53 PM
Go easy on him, he's 13. That should say it all. It's not a flame but I think we all can admit that at that age we did not qualify as the most competent judges of sport talent.

RM8325, you are so wrong on this one.

ReggieMiller8325
03-07-2005, 08:55 PM
Trash me its ok i guess i can't even share my own opinions anymore i might leave every basketball message board because i just can't find somewhere to just share a opinion.

ImCrazyB
03-07-2005, 08:58 PM
Trash me its ok i guess i can't even share my own opinions anymore i might leave every basketball message board because i just can't find somewhere to just share a opinion.
It's one thing to share your opinion..But saying that Reggie Miller could beat any player in the NBA 1 on 1 is ludacris.

It's called defense..But most Reggie fans and Reggie of course don't know what that is. ;o)

efx
03-07-2005, 09:05 PM
RM8325:

If you can dish out your opinions then you must be able to hear others and be ready for people disagreeing with you.

Noones saying you can't believe what you say, we're just very much in disagreement with you.

ReggieMiller8325
03-07-2005, 09:06 PM
how is it ludaceis the guys the greatest of all time.

1 minute later i get trashed for just a misley opinion.

ReggieMiller8325
03-07-2005, 09:07 PM
ok disagree me but you guys don,t have to name call and disrespect me so much.

efx
03-07-2005, 09:08 PM
Noone called you any names dude. Don't stir up crap that wasn't there to begin with.

Jermaniac
03-07-2005, 09:09 PM
Trash me its ok i guess i can't even share my own opinions anymore i might leave every basketball message board because i just can't find somewhere to just share a opinion. You can share your opinion but if people dont agree with it get ready to hear about it from them, this is a message board where anyone can say anything but if they dont agree with it they will let you have it. And also I find it really annoying that you love Reggie so much to say that he could beat anyone in the NBA right now in one on one basketball. Come on man think about it, Reggie is 39 damn years old the man has trouble hitting shots right now with 4 guys helping him get open with screens, you need to realize that Reggie is past his prime and that there are players better then him.

Jermaniac
03-07-2005, 09:09 PM
ok disagree me but you guys don,t have to name call and disrespect me so much. Who called you any names?

ReggieMiller8325
03-07-2005, 09:13 PM
ok fine you guys just for you guys i'm saying nowitski :disappoin but i believe miller prime can beat anybody one on one :smartass:

Eindar
03-07-2005, 11:24 PM
Kiddie Table!

Evan_The_Dude
03-07-2005, 11:37 PM
I am sickened that Iverson hasn't been mentioned in this post. I'm my opinionwithoutcallinganybodynames, nobody that has been mentioned can stop him. He's also small and quick enough to get the ball away from a 6'6" Kobe or a 6'8" T-Mac.

I wouldn't count a healthy Jamal Tinsley off that list either. He's crafty and unpredictable enough to pull off a few upsets.

circlecitysportsfan
03-07-2005, 11:58 PM
To make it fair for bigs I thing we should have 2 different classes.

Big men 6'10 or taller

1. Kevin Garnett
2. Tim Duncan
3. Dirk Nowitski
4. Shaquille ONeal
5. Chris Webber

Guards and forwards

1.Kobe
2.T-Mac
3. AI
4. Lebron
5. Ray allen

circlecitysportsfan
03-08-2005, 12:00 AM

I agree with Dirk, Reggie even in his prime could not beat ANY player. Let's go back 10 years. I think Scottie Pippen could of beat Miller one on one. Even if Miller got the ball first, who said he'll make every shot? If you ever played one on one vs somebody...who gets the ball first means little in who actually wins the game. Usually who gets the rebounds and plays better defense.

sweabs
03-08-2005, 12:14 AM
If there were to be a 1 on 1 tournament between NBA players, I'd put my money on Ron Artest every time.

In my opinion he is the perfect basketball player (aside from the obvious 'outside' distractions). He'll shut you down on defense, and absolutely manhandle you on offense through shear force with a unique blend of athleticism and skill.

And if this is streetball, Ron is DEFINITELY going to come out on the winning end :devil:

MSA2CF
03-08-2005, 06:17 AM
I am sickened that Iverson hasn't been mentioned in this post.

You meant thread, right? Because I mentioned him in my first post in this thread.

3ptmiller
03-08-2005, 01:33 PM
Hey reggiemiller8325... leave our Uncle Reggie out of this plz :D ... im talking about Ballers today! if it was prime reggie then yes, you have every right to say his name.. but today, keep him out plz, he is almost in a wheel chair ffs! :D

ImCrazyB
03-08-2005, 01:52 PM
Oh, We are playing the Prime Game huh?

Larry Bird

efx
03-08-2005, 01:54 PM
Prime Game: Jordan.

ReggieMiller8325
03-08-2005, 02:06 PM
Prime is defentiley Reggie Miller he can shoot over anybody but i won't be bias and i will respect everybodys opinoon larry bird and mj have a chance to beat miller one on one. :thumbup:

Evan_The_Dude
03-08-2005, 02:55 PM
You meant thread, right? Because I mentioned him in my first post in this thread.

Didn't know Blackjack was Iverson...I guess I learn something new everyday huh?

Evan_The_Dude
03-08-2005, 03:02 PM
larry bird and mj have a chance to beat miller one on one. :thumbup:

Just a chance? I'm in the Reggie Miller fan club as much as you are (if not more), but even I'd say in his prime he couldn't beat half the players in the league then. A good 1 on 1 player should either be a good ball handler, be a pretty physical player, or have a height advantage for an inside game. Reggie is none. If Reggie didn't have someone to pass him the ball, set screens for him, or a ref to call foul when he throws his arms in the air on a shot, we'd have no clue who the guy was. And that's the reality of it.

3ptmiller
03-08-2005, 03:43 PM
Just a chance? I'm in the Reggie Miller fan club as much as you are (if not more), but even I'd say in his prime he couldn't beat half the players in the league then. A good 1 on 1 player should either be a good ball handler, be a pretty physical player, or have a height advantage for an inside game. Reggie is none. If Reggie didn't have someone to pass him the ball, set screens for him, or a ref to call foul when he throws his arms in the air on a shot, we'd have no clue who the guy was. And that's the reality of it.

Yes its true, listen to him "reggiemiller8325" :)... but i still think the prime mr. Air Jordan would whoomp anybodys *** on 1 on 1.

MSA2CF
03-08-2005, 03:46 PM
Didn't know Blackjack was Iverson...I guess I learn something new everyday huh?

:laugh: No worries; no one does. I gave him the nickname just recently, and this was the first opportunity I had at using it...Your post just gave me a way to explain that. Thanks. :)

ReggieMiller8325
03-08-2005, 04:19 PM
Whatever have your opinions i respect it thats it but everybody knows my opinion.

TripleThreat
03-08-2005, 04:24 PM
I'm going to throw Steve Francis out there for the guards...I can't stand him as a player on an NBA team, but 1 on 1...this guy is as tough as they come. He will take a beating physically, and still jump right out of the gym.

Overall, though, I'm going to have to go with Artest. Homer or not, this guy is primed to shut down the best opposing player on the floor EVERY night. On top of his main assigment, which is defense...he's still ripping off over 20ppg. He's the real deal...he won't ever get the respect that his game deserves, but that's only because he's not marketable, mainly due to the way he speaks in public, (oh, and of course...that whole brawl thing will follow him around forever...)

ABADays
03-08-2005, 04:28 PM
RM8325. I love Reggie Miller as has been evidenced by many posts on this board. But Reggie has never, ever even been mentioned as a 1 on 1 player - even in his prime. Reggie was great at peeling off his defender around a screen and shooting. Earned him a pretty good career.

BengalDuck
03-08-2005, 05:46 PM
LeBron James... who and how would you guard him? He's got the Garnett/Nowitzki size with added strength and quickness.

ImCrazyB
03-08-2005, 06:09 PM
Whatever have your opinions i respect it thats it but everybody knows my opinion.
Look, I love Reggie Miller..He's my favorite player..I like him more then Bird and MJ or anyone in the league for that matter.

It's one thing to voice an opinion..But it's plain fact. Reggie doesn't play defense at all. Other players do and Reggie is to slow and doesn't have the handles to get up an uncontested shot.

SycamoreKen
03-08-2005, 11:24 PM
To make it fair for bigs I thing we should have 2 different classes.

Big men 6'10 or taller

1. Kevin Garnett
2. Tim Duncan
3. Dirk Nowitski
4. Shaquille ONeal
5. Chris Webber

Guards and forwards

1.Kobe
2.T-Mac
3. AI
4. Lebron
5. Ray allen

Since Webber is only playing on one leg these days, I'm not sure Odum or Kirilinko couldn't take him 1 on 1. Ginobili would take Allen down pretty easily and could probably give the other 4 guys a run for their money.

Evan_The_Dude
03-09-2005, 12:40 AM
I'd throw Jason Williams in as a sleeper.