PDA

View Full Version : David Stern to chat on ESPN on Friday

PacersFan
03-07-2005, 07:16 PM
Maybe if all us Pacer's fans sent a question asking about Ron Artest on lines of: With all the injuries the Pacers have incurred the past few weeks and Ron Artest having already served 50 games, could you please tell all the suffering Pacer's fans around the globe if there is a possiblity that you might let him return this year?

yea, yea...mine has a "hint" of guilt in there too, but if most of us sent something like this, there might be some chance of him answering it.

Here's the link: http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/mailbagESPN?event_id=7511

SjA3837
03-07-2005, 07:27 PM
I'm doing it.

Lord Helmet
03-07-2005, 07:42 PM
Yeah, it probably isn't even Stern himself. I do wish he would soften up though. We have suffered enough, and we are sorry (Didn't think we did anything) and so is Ron.

In our happy world Stern will really be on the chat and he will answer "Ok, I'll let him come back"

In reality world its not even Stern talking and the answer you will get it "No comment" or "We do not wish to speak about anything regarding Mr.Artest's re-instatement"

MSA2CF
03-07-2005, 07:45 PM
Why wouldn't He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named be the actual one to chat? All the other online chats I've seen/been a part of have been the actual guys...

That said; I hope he answers a question regarding our situation without avoiding what we want/need to hear.

Lord Helmet
03-07-2005, 07:48 PM
He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named

:laugh:
Thats what I was thinking about calling Stern from now on.

heywoode
03-07-2005, 08:39 PM
I sent one!

Of course, I'm still holding out hope that Ronnie will be playing the same night he's on chatting!

SjA3837
03-07-2005, 08:41 PM
I sent one!

Of course, I'm still holding out hope that Ronnie will be playing the same night he's on chatting!
Hopefully...

Lord Helmet
03-07-2005, 08:50 PM
Doubt it...

jbx225
03-07-2005, 08:50 PM
I had sent him a question that would, if answered, tell us whether he is just sticking to his guns out of pride, or really believes what he did to Ron is fair. I know any question regarding the suspension of Ron has a very unlikely chance of being answered, but I figured it was worth taking an indirect shot at it.

Here is the gist of what I asked:

What do you feel about implementing a checks and balances type system in the NBA regarding on-court discipline. I know it is not natural to think that one's thought out choices are wrong but in order to keep it fair, especially in a league situation, it is best to have somebody to back up decisions that are made, especially disciplinary decisions. It would seem fair to have some team, officials, player and league representation in long term discipline decisions made. What do you think about this issue?

I tried not to be too obvious for the reason that I asked the question. I obviously had the Artest situation in mind when I wrote the question. I think that if he were to honestly answer the question then it would tell us what he has on his mind about the Artest situation. Then again if he were to answer the question, which he probably will not, being David Stern he would probably give the answer that is most likely to appease the fans of the NBA, and not a full honest answer.

Lord Helmet
03-07-2005, 08:54 PM
I had sent him a question that would, if answered, tell us whether he is just sticking to his guns out of pride, or really believes what he did to Ron is fair. I know any question regarding the suspension of Ron has a very unlikely chance of being answered, but I figured it was worth taking an indirect shot at it.

Here is the gist of what I asked:

What do you feel about implementing a checks and balances type system in the NBA regarding on-court discipline. I know it is not natural to think that one's thought out choices are wrong but in order to keep it fair, especially in a league situation, it is best to have somebody to back up decisions that are made, especially disciplinary decisions. It would seem fair to have some team, officials, player and league representation in long term discipline decisions made. What do you think about this issue?

I tried not to be too obvious for the reason that I asked the question. I obviously had the Artest situation in mind when I wrote the question. I think that if he were to honestly answer the question then it would tell us what he has on his mind about the Artest situation. Then again if he were to answer the question, which he probably will not, being David Stern he would probably give the answer that is most likely to appease the fans of the NBA, and not a full honest answer.
I liked that question, hopefully it gets answered.

heywoode
03-07-2005, 09:00 PM
I liked your question too, jbx....

jbx225
03-07-2005, 09:11 PM
Thanks guys,
I appreciate it when people like the writing I do. I am coming from an "unmentionable board" and over there anything that I ever post will get ripped apart and then I get called an idiot. I am new on this board so I am kind of intimidated. The people on this board seem to know their stuff when it comes to Basketball and the Pacers. From what I have read I think I will enjoy it here because people seem a bit more mature and willing to talk basketball instead of just trying to pick fights.

Lord Helmet
03-07-2005, 09:15 PM
Thanks guys,
I appreciate it when people like the writing I do. I am coming from an "unmentionable board" and over there anything that I ever post will get ripped apart and then I get called an idiot. I am new on this board so I am kind of intimidated. The people on this board seem to know their stuff when it comes to Basketball and the Pacers. From what I have read I think I will enjoy it here because people seem a bit more mature and willing to talk basketball instead of just trying to pick fights.
Yeah. This is one of the best Pacer boards out there, if not the best.

Pacerized
03-07-2005, 10:45 PM
I'd already planned on it.
Some of us need to hit on the punishment to the Pacer fans, and some of us need to ask for a direct answer.
I doubt if we get a response to any of this, but it's worth a shot.

ABADays
03-07-2005, 11:38 PM
For some reason I thought it would be against FCC regulations to have a prick discussing anything over the airwaves. Wouldn't that violate the anti-obsenity laws?

waterjater
03-08-2005, 01:55 AM
Here's my question: Unscramble this!

Stuck Fern!

Water

Grant
03-08-2005, 09:44 AM
If I weren't to lazy I would ask him about the impact that the Artest suspension will have on the negotiations for a new Collective Bargaining Agreement. In other words "Did you screw yourself into a negotiating mess by overstepping your authority"

This is how "crazy like a fox" the commish is. By laying the smackdown on the players, they will come out kicking and screaming for reduced disciplinary authority for Stern in the next CBA, and they will get it. But they will have to give something back (age limits on draftees perhaps?)

grace
03-08-2005, 10:29 AM
I wasn't going to ask him anything, but then I read Grant's post and I changed my mind.

"Rumors abound that there are people around the leauge on both the management side and the players side who feel that the length of Ron Artest's suspension is too long. What effect, if any, do you expect Artest's suspension to have on the upcoming CBA negotiations?"

I don't expect an answer. If he does decide to address my question I'm sure he'll leave off the first part about everyone being ticked about the length of the suspension. Actually I'd be surprised if he answers any questions about Ron.

Destined4Greatness
03-08-2005, 04:45 PM
I wrote a question basically asking for a straight up, will you or won't you reinstate him. But I will write another later talking about how its unfair for him to put an asterisk in the record books, its not fair for the Championship winning teams fans to have to deal with the doubt of whether or not they could have won. Its not fair to rewards the Pistons fans for this lack of class, ETC.

3ptmiller
03-08-2005, 04:48 PM
I hate David Sperm :P

MagicRat
03-08-2005, 05:31 PM
Maybe someone can get his opinion on this.........

http://home.comcast.net/~magic_rat/images/sternpeesmiley_19.jpg

Mr. Pink
03-08-2005, 11:02 PM
I bet you could make some money off of that sticker...

Old as Dirt
03-09-2005, 12:44 AM
I sent mine, but do not believe it will be used.